Problem

1. Please explain the problems with your fish. When did you notice the problems and did anything unusual happen that you think started them?

I have 2 of my 6 discus that are not eating. I am not sure why. I have had them for about 5 weeks and they ate great for the first part but they have not ate in 2 weeks. They get Tetra Color Granule 3 times a day on timer and I feed beef heart at night. Before they stopped eating, I had given frozen bloodworms for a few days.

2. Symptoms (i.e. turning dark, excess slime, not eating, clamped fins, flashing, darting, clamped gills, white/yellow/green poop, hiding, headstanding or tailstanding, white on tips of fins, rotting or fungus, blisters/white zits on fish, bloated, cloudy eyes, wounds).

Both fish have stopped eating. Fish 1 was noticed first. This one likes to hide and stay away from the group. It has black spots and some of the dorsal and anal fins are getting dark. Fish 2 also has spots and some darkness to her fins but she would stay with the group.

3. What medications/ treatments have you already tried and what were the results. Include dosage and duration of treatment.

for about the first week I just watched and waited to see if they would eat. then At first I tried to turn up the aquarium temp from 84 to 88 for about 5 days. This had no effect. I then wanted to treat them separately since everyone else was eating. I had the 6 Blue rams in the QT 20g for about 6 weeks waiting to put them in the 125g. I was holding off doing this since I had 2 fish that weren't eating. So I made the choice to put the rams in the 125 and put the 2 discus in the 20g. Once in the 20g, I treated with Micro and PraziPro. This was sunday. I also turned the temp of the 20g up to 90. Since all the fish in the 125 were still eating, I made a mixture of 1/2c tank water, epson salt and Micro. I put it in a spray bottle and spritzed their pellets and let it dry for a few hours. This is what I have been feeding the main tank since sunday.

Tank/Water

4. Tank size and ages, numbers and sizes of fish.

125g that is about 3-4 months old. There was only six 3" Red Pigeon blood discus in there.

5. Water change regime (What percentage and how often).

I had a small mini cycle when I first put the fish in that lasted about a week. I did 50% water changes every couple of days that week. I used seachem safe and stability to help. Since then I have done 50% per week.

6. How long has tank been running? Is it bare bottom? If you have substrate, what type and how deep is it?

3-4 months, bare bottom

7. Do you age your water? If you do for how long and what is the ph swing.

I use tap water, not aged with seachem safe

8. Parameters and water source;

Note: Water Parameters are important in diagnosing problems within a tank. If you don't own test kits for the following information, you can purchase them, test your parameters and post this info as soon as possible.

- temp: 88

- ph: 8.2

- ammonia reading: 0

- nitrite reading: 0

- nitrate reading: barely detectable

I have a aquaponics setup above the tanks that has 3 types of pothos, arrow plant, and purple waffle plant. It also has lava stones and Seachem denitrator in it as a filter media.

What type of water or combinations of water sources do you use? If it is an RO/tap/well water mix, please list percentages in the mix.

- well water ____

- municipal water 100%

- RO water ____

9. Any new fish, plants or inverts added recently.

None

10. Please tell us what you feed your fish and how often. This can be critical information for solving the problem so be as specific as you can.

They get Tetra Color Granule 3 times a day on timer and I feed beef heart at night. Before they stopped eating, I had given frozen bloodworms for a few days.

11. Include any pictures or videos you have which shows the symptoms. If you can't add them to this post, please provide a link to them.

https://youtu.be/hUB4gXUnae8