AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: How you do wc with ro for breeding tanks?

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Arturs Millers

Default How you do wc with ro for breeding tanks?

Hello guys . Want to know how are you doinh wc for breeding tanks if you are using RO system! My tap water comes out arround 180 tds a bit to mutch for breeding discus so i use my ro/di system . It comes out 0 tds so i mix it with my tap water while i reach 50 tds . But the problem is i have 2x 25liter containers so if i would like to do 50% wc on 2x aquariums its not really possible because to fill these up again takes forever.. just wondering can i use straight ro/di?? Or maybe you guys have some better setup?!

Default Re: How you do wc with ro for breeding tanks?

Invest in larger storage tanks, barrels, or trash cans to store your water. Polyethylene tanks are the best imo. You can set up a pump with uni-seal gaskets on a loop to circulate it to age it, and keep the heat distributed evenly, and install a T fitting in the loop with some ball valves to connect a long vinyl hose to pump the water wherever you want. Install a ball valve on the end of the hose so you can shut the water off where your doing the water change, not run back to the storage tanks to shut it off.

-Leland

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Arturs Millers

Quote Originally Posted by Leland F. View Post
    Invest in larger storage tanks, barrels, or trash cans to store your water. Polyethylene tanks are the best imo. You can set up a pump with uni-seal gaskets on a loop to circulate it to age it, and keep the heat distributed evenly, and install a T fitting in the loop with some ball valves to connect a long vinyl hose to pump the water wherever you want. Install a ball valve on the end of the hose so you can shut the water off where your doing the water change, not run back to the storage tanks to shut it off.

-Leland
    The problem is im limited with space but anyway if i would find space for the storage tank how with filling it up with RO/DI i should the put some shut valve in middle of storage tank and then when its full mix it with tap to achieve desired tds...

Real Name
    Willie

I've done 100% R/O water changes for years with no problems.

Willie
    At my age, everything is irritating.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Arturs Millers

Quote Originally Posted by Willie View Post
    I've done 100% R/O water changes for years with no problems.

Willie
    But without dionization right ?!