AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Fry acting weird. Looking for suggestions

Registered Member

Default Fry acting weird. Looking for suggestions

'm looking for some advice from fellow breeders. I've got this batch of fry that are about 6 weeks old and quite a few of them are showing very odd behaviour. They will suddenly turn dark and stop moving and start to turn almost vertical and shake there heads then after a short period they snap out of it, kinda like they had a seizure or something. But if I tap the glass or try to catch them when it happens they instantly take off. I treated with parazipro last week for 7 days strait to eliminate any chance of flukes even tho no other fish in the system show the same behaviour but I still suspect it could be flukes and I have no access to formalin or potassium permanganate. My fry tank is on A overflow system with my planted display tank to keep the water perfect. Anyone have any ideas?

Default Re: Fry acting weird. Looking for suggestions

I'd try posting this to the "Disease" section. This is typical in adults and I've seen it many times. I've always thought of it as a bacterial infection of some sort and it's gone away with water changes and some antibiotics like Kanamycin Sulfate but I'd try to get some other opinions.

Registered Member

Default Re: Fry acting weird. Looking for suggestions

Ya I'm looking for suggestions as to what it could be. I was suggested to treat with parazipro for a few weeks strait but these are the only fish affected in the system no others are showing anything like this
    Sorry for posting in the wrong spot