AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: 130 gallon journal, first Discus project.

Default 130 gallon journal, first Discus project.

Hello everyone,

I have been reading this forum for a while and then decided to sign up and share my project. I'm from Costa Rica so my english can be confusing some times, sorry for that. My first plan was 180g but then changed my mind realizing that 130g would be enough for what I want and a lot easier to set up.

This is going to be a really really slow thread I think, patience is key here( I did learned about patience since I was 16 year old with my first fish tank now I'm 27 but I never did a project like this one) I will have you updated monthly at least.

DIY its the way I love, so I'll post here every time I build something, except for the actual tank and sump, glass is not my favorite thing to work with, wood is.

This is the place where the fish tank will be

IMG_2779_zpsnkkhlnag.jpg

Closer look to the stand, I made the stand following the instructions on this video: https://youtu.be/wPMn0xXjZF4

IMG_2784_zpsksr6yujs.jpg

This is very important for me, I want the water changes to be easy, I dont mind spending two hours just on that but I hate carrying around buckets and all that stuff to drain and fill my tank so the drain system its going here and then out of the house. Also Im gonna have a 55gal container to age my water(if needed) with a pump to fill the tank.

IMG_2785_zpsimm20zls.jpg

Thats it for now, the tank and the sump will arrive next week, tank 200x50x50cm and sump 100x40x35cm. And then I will keep posting how I made the canopy, lights etc.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Garita; 04-27-2017 at 11:08 PM.