AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Looking for a dosing unit

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Mike

Default Looking for a dosing unit

Not sure if anyone has come across or has one but I am looking for an automatic doser that can handle phosphoric acid. I am building a system that is integrated with my RO system and building a heating system and deleting all electrical heaters and cost but this is the one area I am stuck with. I have seen pool dosers that do chlorine but I am not sure if it could or couldn't handle the acid.

Default Re: Looking for a dosing unit

Quote Originally Posted by Cichlids View Post
    Not sure if anyone has come across or has one but I am looking for an automatic doser that can handle phosphoric acid. I am building a system that is integrated with my RO system and building a heating system and deleting all electrical heaters and cost but this is the one area I am stuck with. I have seen pool dosers that do chlorine but I am not sure if it could or couldn't handle the acid.
    I'm not sure about aquarium specific but I own a business in the pool industry and we use controllers to dose acid (muritatic)

I install chemical automation on commercial pools that monitors orp and ph and dosed accordingly
    Im not illiterate...only my phone's auto correct is

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Mike

I think a pool doser might be the way I may have to go but I need to see what products are out there that are good.

I think a pool doser might be the way I may have to go but I need to see what products are out there that are good.
    Are you just worried that none of the aquarium dosing system materials won't hold up to acid?

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Mike

Yes, not sure how well it will hold up or if it will eat parts. I know RO will leech anything out if it's not stainless or nylon.

Yes, not sure how well it will hold up or if it will eat parts. I know RO will leech anything out if it's not stainless or nylon.
    Ya you would definitely want to use some sort of tubing that will hold up. The pool dosing pumps use a neoprene pinch tube inside of the pump but usually the injection tubing is clear vinyl
    Last edited by Ryan925; 04-29-2017 at 06:00 PM.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Mike

I'll test the pH of the phosphoric acid and see where it sits on the scale and then do some research as to what can handle it.