AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 90G Stendker Tank

Registered Member
    Real Name
    CJ

Default Re: 90G Stendker Tank

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan925 View Post
    That sucks definitely watch your nitrates then. I would say if you have plenty of surface agitation you should be ok. I run an airstone but only because it's there.
    Yeah it sucks but it's just something I learn to adapt too and I'm sure the fish do too. I never let it get about 40ppm which should be safe. Thanks again for all the help. I'll post back when there moved.

Quote Originally Posted by cjvdhx View Post
    Yeah it sucks but it's just something I learn to adapt too and I'm sure the fish do too. I never let it get about 40ppm which should be safe. Thanks again for all the help. I'll post back when there moved.
    Just always keep in mind the lower the better for discus. Although many fish can handle 40 ppm of nitrate with no problem I believe standard recommendation for discus is 20 and under and obviously the lower the better. Maybe someone I else can chime in on that

Your fish are small and at the most important growth stage so whatever you can do to ensure you will get the best growth will pay off down the road
    Im not illiterate...only my phone's auto correct is

Registered Member
    Real Name
    CJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan925 View Post
    Just always keep in mind the lower the better for discus. Although many fish can handle 40 ppm of nitrate with no problem I believe standard recommendation for discus is 20 and under and obviously the lower the better. Maybe someone I else can chime in on that

Your fish are small and at the most important growth stage so whatever you can do to ensure you will get the best growth will pay off down the road
    thanks Ryan

Registered Member
    Real Name
    CJ

Finally got all the fish moved into there new home minus one Flachen SS who is sick and hasn't eaten in over 12 days or so. Everything went great and I am loving the new tank! Going to just keep everything real simple.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12