AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: cloudy new tank

Registered Member

Default cloudy new tank

I'm not sure if this is in the right section but I'm been away from fish keeping for about 5 years now and I just started up my tank about 24 hrs ago have filters in there and heaters running and its still looks very dirty I haven't added anything to start a cycle yet is this common its this just due from the tank hasn't cycled yet sorry just trying to get refreshed on how to start this up right

Default Re: cloudy new tank

Matt,
    Welcome back!
    Are these new filters? bare bottom tank and no livestock? best to give some more details. Your water should not be cloudy if theres no livestock and its a new setup.

al
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Registered Member

Default Re: cloudy new tank

I think I figured it out I put in a new 3d background I washed it before installing it but I kinda think that maybe I didn't wash it good enough and also my tank has no livestock has pool filter sand as substrate I washed that also before putting it in and the filter is a used fx5 but I cleaned the filter and all the media sponges etc before setting it up I think maybe I need to do a few water changes to get all the debris and what not from the tank due to the background and sand what do you think thanks