AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: I wanna redo my Aquarium

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Jonas Buchholz

Lightbulb I wanna redo my Aquarium

Hello,

IMG_20170511_185322.jpg

I have recently redone my aqurium to be a discus tank. But i havn't moved the decorations around at all. I wan't to redo the whole tank to be perfect for the discus.
    I want to take the huge piece of driftwood out that's in the middle and insert some thinner and longer stick looking driftwood pieces instead.

Anyone have any other ideas?

IMG_20170511_223044.jpg

Real Name
    Filip

Default Re: I wanna redo my Aquarium

Hi Jonas and welcome to Simply discus .
    Your aquarium looks good as it is now but I would try to clean and open the front middle area a bit more IIWY .
    You got small discus to raise and you should try to set the tank more according to their needs and make it easier to clean and siphon for your self.
    Ditching that big center drift wood and putting anubias in its place , or maybe attached to a smaller , thinner wood would be a better idea IMO.

I see only 4 small discus . Buy at least 2 more discus to avoid problems with aggression and bullied / non eating discus . 6 is a descend minimum when it comes to keeping discus .

I got question for you Jonas :

1.What's the name of that funny looking plant between your anubias and Amazon swords on the right of the tank ? The one that got many thin stripes instead of leaves ?

2. Why do you have the logo of Joe the DIY King on your tank or on your photo ?

Default Re: I wanna redo my Aquarium

Hi Filip,
    the plant is:
    Crinum calamistratum
    http://tropica.com/en/plants/plantde...tum(094A)/4541