AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Has anyone ever got from fish tank direct?

Real Name
    Scott

Default Has anyone ever got from fish tank direct?

Im thinking about buying a glass tank from them. Either a 75, 90, or 110. Anyone have any experience with them? Or bought a glass tank to be shipped?

Registered Member

Default Re: Has anyone ever got from fish tank direct?

This is a good question I am looking for a new tank as well, keep us updated on where you got your tank from, and how the end-to-end processing went.

I once bought a 20G glass tank from Amazon, and that was a bad experience, they delivered a box of shattered glass, they replaced it but going through the cycle of shipping, returning, and waiting is a pain.

Real Name
    Sean

I bought my 75 gallon tank from Petco during the dollar per gallon sale that they run a few times a year. I got lucky because I noticed that the tank had a few extremely minor scratches on one side and the manager gave me an additional $25 off. I also had a $50 gift card at the time so I ended up spending less than $5 out of pocket for the tank. My stepfather works for a lumber yard so i had him pick up some cedar with his discount and built a custom stand about $75. I was able to order the glass top $30 and aquatic edge led lights $180 from drfostersmith.com

Gold Member
    Real Name
    James Walker

I went with glasscages.com they are excellent in my experience. Prices for custom size tanks are pretty reasonable. If you are looking for low cost you can't be the $1/gallon sales on aqueon from petsmart/petco.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by ssevasta View Post
    I bought my 75 gallon tank from Petco during the dollar per gallon sale that they run a few times a year. I got lucky because I noticed that the tank had a few extremely minor scratches on one side and the manager gave me an additional $25 off. I also had a $50 gift card at the time so I ended up spending less than $5 out of pocket for the tank. My stepfather works for a lumber yard so i had him pick up some cedar with his discount and built a custom stand about $75. I was able to order the glass top $30 and aquatic edge led lights $180 from drfostersmith.com
    I wish that was more common. From Chicago to St. Louis Mo. no petco honors anything bigger than 55 in my neck of the woods.

Gold Member
    Real Name
    Kenny

I got my 180gal acrylic tank from fishtanksdirect.com. It was the tank, sump filter (also acrylic), lights, stand and hood. Full setup. Their customer service was very helpful and I received everything in good order. Ask for John Bielanski who is the owner, if you call.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Lucas Smith

My Petcos won’t honor the $ per gallon on the bigger tanks, but will sell them at 50% off. I got a 75 for 89.99

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by LJSmith View Post
    My Petcos won’t honor the $ per gallon on the bigger tanks, but will sell them at 50% off. I got a 75 for 89.99
    None of ours will carry anything bigger than 55 gallons. Trust me I've tried