ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Flooded Amazon Gardens

Registered Member BestGermandiscus's Avatar
    Real Name
    Juris Bileskalns

Default Re: Flooded Amazon Gardens

I've some frightening story.
    Thats a story...Im making everyday waterworks,sometimes twice a day.Two filters running...All is great.
    One morning I see a terrible sight-biggest Blue Diamond is sleeping like pancake ..breathing normal but without even 5% of power.
    After 48hours without changes -I taking fish in my hand-lift fish normaly and making 2min "walk"....once twice triple times a day...
    After 72hours fish looks blinde with one eye and still without power to swim ...
    Im looking into the fishtank and thinking_"Im bad owner,Im bad Discus fishkeeper"
    My little son says :"kill the weak fish or you loose all 11 Discus
    Im looking with last hope to Blue Diamond-fish look like very weak...and what a f..k...my georgeous Blood Pigion is making moves like trying to sleep horizontally as well !!!
    BUT my biggest Turquose in that moment swim clouse to him and DO NOT ALLOW TO DO THAT !!! gently pushing him into vertical position!
    I decided immediatly take off the weak Blue Diamond.I put my hand into the tank gently take take fish to last "walk" - but with last hope saying swim swim swim ...
    And fish start to swim -after 72hours without any move on top glass...
    Right now 5days are past and everything with all wish is great ! Blinde eye becomes cristal clear in three days ,from very dark blue fish becomes healthy light blue in 60hours...
    Last edited by BestGermandiscus; 05-11-2018 at 11:05 AM.
    BestGermandiscus

Real Name
    Take a wild guess

Default Re: Flooded Amazon Gardens

Glad all turned out ok in the end but it must have been real scary! Any idea what caused it? Did you change anything? Different food?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123