AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Counting our blessings... yesterday we got very lucky.

Default Counting our blessings... yesterday we got very lucky.

Yesterday was one of those days you realize how lucky you really are. My daughter was having her 16th birthday party that night at the house. Her friends were due over at 6. My wife ran out for some supplies at the party store about 3 pm . Shortly after she called me to say she was okay but there was a bad accident. Dropped everything and got there. No one hurt which is amazing but Carrie was banged up a bit and sore.

4 car accident. One car, a black suv shot across 4 lanes of traffic from a parkinglot. A white car on the main road couldnt stop...she hit the black suv hard.. the collision sent the black suv rolling over and into my wifes blue Nissan Sentra while she was at a stop sign. It landed on her hood and rolled off. The force pushed her back into the car behind her. Had the suv rolled one more time..it would have crushed Carrie I am sure. The Suv was at fault but 3 of the 4 cars were pretty much trashed. ...our Nissan is probably totalled..

Once we took care of the police stuff I took Carrie to the walk in er to get checked out. The adrenaline wore off and she was pretty shaken up and a bit sore but ok.

Took her home and yes we still had my daughters birthday party.

Ive been thinking about this all night...just how lucky we are. It sucks that our car, our best and most reliable vehical is a wreck and no clue how we will replace it and what will happen. But that doesnt Matter ...Carrie is okay and thats all that matters. What a fluke though to be at a stop sign and have a suv come rolling over you like one of those action movies. Shook her up quite a bit as she saw it coming but could not do a thing.

2017051395134203.jpg

2017051395135912.jpg

2017051395135938.jpg

Al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Default Re: Counting our blessings... yesterday we got very lucky.

OH Al! So sorry to hear about this unfortunate accident, but very happy to hear that Carrie was not hurt. Things could have been much worse. I'm a big believer in counting our blessings.
    We're here for a good time...not a long time

Oh Al...that is so awful. I am so grateful that Carrie is okay. Please give her a hug for me. It will probably haunt her for a long time...reliving the sights and sounds in her head. Someone was looking out for her in a big way.

Kyle and my husband were in a bad one 2 years ago. Not sure if we talked about this at your house- They were driving to a track meet and a kid came up behind them at like 75 mph. My husband saw him and moved over to the right shoulder but the kid must have been texting when he looked up he over corrected and caught their bumper and spun them off the road. They went off the expressway at 60 mph down a hill over a long field, over a snow fence and came to a halt so far off the road the police could not find them. The car was totaled and luckily everyone was okay but very shaken. He still thinks about that day and how fast things can happen that are out of your control.

Please send her that hug and tell Becky happy birthday from me... She is such an amazing young woman. I am glad you guys were able to pull off the party for her. That is one she will be especially grateful for- to have her family together after that frightening day.
    "You can't trust water: Even a straight stick turns crooked in it." -W.C.Fields

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Oh boy Al, so glad Carrie is ok. This could have ended so badly. Give that lady a huge hug. This shows how precious life is. Maybe insurance can help with the Nissan.

Please wish Becky a Happy Birthday. Sweet 16 is a big deal. I'm sure it meant a lot that you continued with the birthday plans and hope all had a good time.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Registered Member Keith Perkins's Avatar
    Real Name
    CozyKeith

First thoughts, thank God neither Carrie nor anyone else was hurt...what a tale. Followed by did Al grab his camera on the way out the door?

Real Name
    Eric

Al, I am glad to hear Carrie is not seriously injured, but am really sorry to hear that you guys had to deal with the financial and emotional fallout of this traumatic incident.

Tell Carrie Happy Mother's day from us all, I am sure it will be extra special after the reminder from the universe that life is fragile.

Thanks everyone... surreal to be sure but making the best of things and trying to enjoy Mothersday.

Al

Keith..nope camera wasnt with me...just phone.
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Real Name
    Matt

Sorry to hear this! That's scary. Really glad she is ok! The only accident I've been in, years and years ago, was being stopped at a light and having two cars collide head on in front of us and then coming straight for us kind of like this situation. It only takes a fraction of a second. Might be good you had your daughter's party, gave you something good on a day that could of gone 100% sour. Hope it all works out quickly with insurance and what not!
    -Matt

Al is that a brick wall caught in the bumper of the black sandwiched vehicle? That is just awful....
    "You can't trust water: Even a straight stick turns crooked in it." -W.C.Fields

Registered Member Keith Perkins's Avatar
    Real Name
    CozyKeith

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    Thanks everyone... surreal to be sure but making the best of things and trying to enjoy Mothersday.

Al

Keith..nope camera wasnt with me...just phone.
    Phew

Your life could have changed forever in the blink of an eye but it didn't. It would have left me unsettled in my mind, for sure. I'm sorry you are stuck for a car, but happy that you still have your wife.
    Mama Bear

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    Your life could have changed forever in the blink of an eye but it didn't. It would have left me unsettled in my mind, for sure. I'm sorry you are stuck for a car, but happy that you still have your wife.
    Thanks Liz. It is a real bummer on the car....it was our good vehical... of course not paid off yet, but witha book value matching the debt. It will be a wash at best , and we will be out a vehical. Have to see what the adjusters say. Carrie is really upset, as it was her set of wheels and she really liked the car. She keeps second guessing herself as if she could have done something and I keep telling here She was at a stop sign not moving.. what could she have possibly done. It happened of no fault of hers..

Aside from a bruised shoulder from the seatbelt and a stiff neck she is doing better ...Thanks for the well wishes everyone.

al

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jenene View Post
    Al is that a brick wall caught in the bumper of the black sandwiched vehicle? That is just awful....
    Jenene, thats blocking they put under the car so it would not roll while they removed the white car..

al

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Real Name
    Naz

Sorry to hear about the accident and happy to hear that Carrie was not hurt.
    Quote from Colin Powell
    "There are no secrets to success; don’t waste time looking for them. Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure, loyalty to those for whom you work, and persistence. You must be ready for opportunity when it comes"

Real Name
    Roland E. Wilson

Don't know what to say, "Somebody above had your back". Good no serious injuries, should have wife checked out for internal injuries, maybe some problems down the road may occur? My wife was hit by an city bus while sitting at an spot light. She wasn't hurt, car was totaled, but now wish she had seek medical attention. The transit company settled but we could of gotten more if she went to the hospital to be checked out per our lawyer. God bless Al and family.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast