AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Dosing question

Registered Member

Default Dosing question

I'm treating a discus using seachem polyguard (different from paraguard) the directions say to dose and wait three days then dose again. Repeat up to two weeks. My question is...I can't wait two weeks two water change...I know some meds repeat doses that build up as you add. This particular med doesn't mention a water change. Anyone know if it has a three day affective period and then I add more or am I building up the amount of med? I'm afraid if i water change I will just be letting the problem adapt to a low dose of med

Registered Member

Default Re: Dosing question

Ok so seachem got back way quicker than I thought. The med breaks down in 72 hours. Incase anyone else wants to know this. I plan on doing every third day water changes and dosing after the water change. I will write my results after the treatment. Not a lot of info on this med but what is out there seems very positive for a cover everything kind of med.

Registered Member

Hello,I have this med on hand but have never used it,I am interested in what your trying to treat.Any further info would be appreciated.

Registered Member

I have a few things going on that occurred after switching from ro to tap. Since my switch back they haven't seemed to go away....one discus is darker almost like spawning but just isn't acting right. A second has a few red blotches in the lip area. From time to time I find a transparent poop in the tank. I think I got something bacteria going on from the high nitrates from the tap I was using. Fish seem happier now that they are back on ro but the sick friends aren't getting better.

Registered Member

I hope it works out.Keep us posted.