ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Albino Discus Pair

Registered Member kunaldiscus01's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kunal Sharma

Default Albino Discus Pair

After reading Martha's thread on 'albino breeding think tank' and Larry Bugg's albino san merah pair,I was highly determined to take up the challenge of breeding albinos.This will be a whole new level challenge for me,but I believe that is what makes the hobby great.So after vigorous searchig in indian groups and checking with dealers I finally stumbled across a guy willing to part with this pair.The price is a little ouch $350(not very high in USD,but a significant sum in Indian money).I am really taken by the shape,size and colour of this pair.Please let me know what others feel.I am all ears
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=99JZeo5bXYI[/video]
    Kunal Sharma

You can't imagine the discus world without simply discus!

Registered Member
    Real Name
    DatDiscusDude

Default Re: Albino Discus Pair

I am not a breeder but I have seen my fair share of discus and they are a rather nice pair. Are they proven? Have you seen eggs, wigglers, fry?

The one he keeps petting is a nice shape to my eye. The other one seems very big I noticed somewhat of a hump at the head and the face seemed a bit off to me or almost bulldog like. Do you have any info on that one? Not sure how they will breed out or what your plans are for them, guys like Larry and the others can help you there. I think for the money they are nice, maybe you can get him down to $300?

Real Name
    Kunal Sharma

Yes mate I have seen their fry.I will share a video with fry later when I can.As for the hump,yes I agree.I have seen this character/trait in discus bred by Lawrence Soon,this might be from him who knows.I am trying to negotiate,but do not think he will get down to 300$.I am keeping my fingers crossed
    Kunal Sharma

Real Name
    Jacklyn

what a beautiful pair. Its so cool that you can "pet" your discus. Now I must tell you that its not smart to pet your fish, it can remove their protective slime coat everytime you touch them. That being said, I also feed my discus live mosquito larva when I know it can be potentially harmful so we each have our things we choose to ignore. These fish are beautiful I hope you get lots of fry from them!
    ~JACKLYN~

Real Name
    Kunal Sharma

Thanks jacklyn.I feel the same way as you do.I never catch or hold a fish unless required.It should be noted that these are still with the dealer.I am looking for opinions before I go forth buying them.
    Kunal Sharma

Real Name
    Kunal Sharma

Kunal Sharma

Registered Member
    Real Name
    DatDiscusDude

The clip didnt work...?