AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul Butler...a member in need. Please read

Real Name
    Jim

Default Paul Butler...a member in need. Please read

I don't know if any of you are aware of it, but Paul Butler's baby sister is dying of Cancer, and the family has started a kickstarter campaign to raise funds for her treatment in hopes of saving her life. For those few of you that don't know Paul, he was a longtime Simply Admin and Moderator and also the driving force behind the creation of B.I.D.K.A. (The British and International Discus Keepers Association) in the U.K. Paul has given us so much over the years, and now he needs our help.

Please donate what you can to this worthy cause

http://paypal.me/SaveJanet

Jim
    ... Born under a Bad Sign ...

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Default Re: Paul Butler

Thanks Jim for posting this. I have donated to this and hope it helps Paul's sister in a small way.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

For those of you interested in helping Pauls Family his user name here is pcsb23. He used to be an extremely active member here and part of the team that managed this forum. He was also very active in the disease board. ...he may have even helped you. It would be great if this community could give back to him in his time of need.

Thanks for posting this Jim, and thank you everyone for considering helping Paul's Family.

Al
    Last edited by brewmaster15; 05-21-2017 at 02:44 PM.
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Thanks for letting us know, Jim. I'm not money bags, neither am I hand to mouth. I gave what I could to help. Paul has been one of my favorite people for many years.
    Mama Bear

Registered Member
    Real Name
    harry g

Glad to help. I know it's not easy.

Default Re: Paul Butler...a member in need. Please read

I don't know where to begin ...

I have been away from this, and many other forums for a while now. There have been some tough changes to my life which meant that I have had to focus on those things which were, and are more important. There have been some difficult times.

Jim told me he had posted on Simply and Pat sent me the link. I felt it would be improper not to drop by and say thank you to all of those who have donated and hopefully are about to donate. It seems inedaquate just to say thank you, but it is all I have.

I cannot promise to drop by more often, it isn't that I don't want to either because Simply has been home to me, it is just that my life as it stands means I have to prioritise elsewhere. I will promise to drop by and update this thread though.

A quick update, thanks to everyones efforts Janets story has made two national newspapers online services today. If nothing else this will bring her plight to a wider audience. The links are here if you are interested https://www.thesun.co.uk/living/3618...cer-treatment/ and http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...aking-10470645

We lost our mum to the same disease Janet has, I remember having to tell my family that their mum or grandma had passed away, the pain it caused is imeasurable. I really hope that Katie or Taylor don't have to make the same phone calls I did.

Your support is humbling, and on behalf of my sister and her family as well as myself thank you.
    Paul

Comfortably numb.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
    I don't know if any of you are aware of it, but Paul Butler's baby sister is dying of Cancer, and the family has started a kickstarter campaign to raise funds for her treatment in hopes of saving her life. For those few of you that don't know Paul, he was a longtime Simply Admin and Moderator and also the driving force behind the creation of B.I.D.K.A. (The British and International Discus Keepers Association) in the U.K. Paul has given us so much over the years, and now he needs our help.

Please donate what you can to this worthy cause

http://paypal.me/SaveJanet

Jim
    Thank you my friend

Quote Originally Posted by Second Hand Pat View Post
    Thanks Jim for posting this. I have donated to this and hope it helps Paul's sister in a small way.
    Pat
    Pat you know my thoughts and thank you again

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    For those of you interested in helping Pauls Family his user name here is pcsb23. He used to be an extremely active member here and part of the team that managed this forum. He was also very active in the disease board. ...he may have even helped you. It would be great if this community could give back to him in his time of need.

Thanks for posting this Jim, and thank you everyone for considering helping Paul's Family.

Al
    Al you were and still are a true friend, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    Thanks for letting us know, Jim. I'm not money bags, neither am I hand to mouth. I gave what I could to help. Paul has been one of my favorite people for many years.
    Liz you are a star

Quote Originally Posted by gunnerschh2 View Post
    Glad to help. I know it's not easy.
    Thank you.
    Paul

Comfortably numb.

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

I donated again...this is important.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Real Name
    Matt

Stay strong Paul and it's great to hear from you! It's always been family first, as it should be! I'm going to chip in a bit tonight.
    -Matt

Paul I don't think I ever had the honor since I am not quite a year on the forum yet, but by reading these posts you have been a big part of this place I now call home. I hope the small bit helps. Knowing the people here it will be a small part of a much bigger picture. My heart goes out to you and your family and I hope together we can make a difference.
    "You can't trust water: Even a straight stick turns crooked in it." -W.C.Fields

Paul,
    Its great seeing you posting to this thread,though I wish it was under very different circumstances. You can be away from this place for months,years whatever, you can always call it home and visit if you are able...pretty sure we will still be here. Take care of whats important , you are missed, but we understand, I know I understand. Take care of your family , take care of Janet, and definitely take care of yourself! If I can ever do anything to help, you know where find to me.

Carrie sends her well wishes here also to you and your sister. YOU and Janet are in our thoughts and prayers.

Al
    Last edited by brewmaster15; 05-23-2017 at 07:56 PM.
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Registered Member

A few members from our Discus group are pitching in to help how we can. Don't think many of us know you but it matters not, we'll do what we can to help a fellow hobbyist in need.

Regards and all the best,

Discus Daily
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/discusfishlovers/

Quote Originally Posted by ESXiGuy View Post
    A few members from our Discus group are pitching in to help how we can. Don't think many of us know you but it matters not, we'll do what we can to help a fellow hobbyist in need.

Regards and all the best,

Discus Daily
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/discusfishlovers/
    Awesome!!! Thanks for helping!

al

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Real Name
    Eric

Paul, I just wanted to say that even though you don't know me, your family has often been in my thoughts since seeing this post. I have always sought out your posts when searching the archives for information (I have to admit I thought you were a pretty girl for a few months because of your avatar!).

This post has caused me to reflect on how lucky we are to be at a point in our lives where we can dedicate so much time, energy, and resources to a hobby, and how there are so many people who aren't able to focus on their passions due to life circumstances. Life happens to everyone and we could all do better to remember that in the moment.

I hope that the impact you continue to have on the people in this online community is evident with the outpouring of support and I hope that it can provide some solace during these difficult times.

Real Name
    Filip

I've learned so much about discus through the years from your post here and on Bidka Paul , long before I even became a member on Simply Discus .
    Thank you for your work and contribution in this hobby Paul and I hope you will be back again some day , when life allows you to do so.
    I hope you'll raise enough funds to fight this thing through and get your sister on her feet again.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast