AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Hydro Sponge Filters, Normal vs Pro

Default Hydro Sponge Filters, Normal vs Pro

Hello!

I grabbed the pro filters when I started up my discus tank and I would say I like how sturdy they are, seem like they will last forever and not sag - BUT - they dont seem to do much other than trap food that would otherwise sit on the floor for my to vacuum up after feeding, or go to my canisters prefilter, which I clean daily. The reason I like them at all is the increased bio (nice an oxygen saturated water moving through them) and to help polish up the tank from fine debris.

The pro seems to be more for something like a prefilter, the pores just seem to large... The surface area must be smaller too so less BB - right?

Wondering if I should swap mine back to the regular ones, or even run one of each (I have two in a stacked configuration now, run by air)

Thanks!

Default Re: Hydro Sponge Filters, Normal vs Pro

Missed this thread when searching, but stumbled on it so posting it here, I think that answers my questions - guess I wish there was a dual material one

I do really like how much sturdier the pros are, they seem like they will probably last forever, and they ARE easier to clean, just get large chunks trapped in them which would just roll off the finer one, so that is a bit annoying..

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...ter-pro-series