ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Save my dying yellows!

Default Re: Save my dying yellows!

You can try methylene blue....I would use table salt at 1 tablespoon per 3 gallons water and use methylene blue. That would trest this if was nitrite poisoning but by now the fish should have already recovered unless nitrites are still an issue.

Honestly I feel like something is being missed here. These fish sound like they were poisoned..I would strongly suggest looking over every detail since you received them.

It must be something that only they were exposed to since no other fish were effected.

Have these fish been at all medicated on the last few weeks?

Al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Default Re: Save my dying yellows!

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    You can try methylene blue....I would use table salt at 1 tablespoon per 3 gallons water and use methylene blue. That would trest this if was nitrite poisoning but by now the fish should have already recovered unless nitrites are still an issue.

Honestly I feel like something is being missed here. These fish sound like they were poisoned..I would strongly suggest looking over every detail since you received them.

Have these fish been at all medicated on the last few weeks?

Al
    Alright so i added meth blue and salt after today's water change, will post a new video tomorrow of the update.

It must be something that only they were exposed to since no other fish were effected.
    This lot from one breeder was 8 adults, almost all of them were affected but the bigger ones more so than the smaller ones. The smaller ones were just sluggish for a day not really immensely affected but ive noticed it is the size that has been their enemy, the bigger they were the earlier they fell. I'll contact the breeder tomorrow to ask him if he medicated them recently or dewormed them. Maybe we can get some clues.

I used the 2 day old tap water (stored with hypo and airstones) to do my weekly 50% water change for my other discus tanks and sat there for a couple of hours observing them. None of them seemed to show any changes except of this tahnk with 20 juvies of 3 inch each. Flickering and twiching their fins and bodies occasionally. But no extreme reaction. Will wait till tomorrow morning to see if they get active and set again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12