ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: FD Australian blackworms for long term?

Registered Member

Default FD Australian blackworms for long term?

Hello,
    I have 6 adult discus (~5- 6inches) in my 55gallon. My question is can i feed only Australian blackworms to them? Is it good for them in long run?
    please share your views. Has anyone had any problems while feeding discus only blackworms for a long period of time?

Thanks

Default Re: FD Australian blackworms for long term?

I think the usual answer is a varied diet is best however fdbw are acceptable as a staple

I feed mine fdbw, beefheart flake and bio gold pellets
    Im not illiterate...only my phone's auto correct is

Registered Member

Thanks Ryan for your opinion.
    My discus like FD blackworms and eat them happily. I give them nls thera A and they hate it i guess.

I ordered some cobalt hans discus flakes. I dint receive it yet. Hopefully they will accpet the flakes. If they refuse them too for some time, then probably i will make blackworms their staple food.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Kyla

my guys love fdbw too, but they get other types of food earlier in the day when they are hungrier so they have learned to eat pretty much anything now. it took them a while to warm up to the pellets, but i kept feeding just a bit early in the day and they would pick at them and after a while they gobbled them up

Quote Originally Posted by Kyla View Post
    my guys love fdbw too, but they get other types of food earlier in the day when they are hungrier so they have learned to eat pretty much anything now. it took them a while to warm up to the pellets, but i kept feeding just a bit early in the day and they would pick at them and after a while they gobbled them up
    +1 pellets were toughest to get them to eat. Really took some persistence. Now they fight over them. I had good luck with the Forrest aquabites and am now feeding Als bio gold
    Im not illiterate...only my phone's auto correct is