ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Spraybars

Real Name
    Jim

Default Spraybars

Prior to removing my UGF, I added a second cannister to the system - an Eheim Pro4+ 600 - so as to not lose any bio capacity. This necessitated breaking my 4 foot spraybar that was on the Eheim wet/dry cannister into two separate units to accommodate the new cannister. Looks kind of cool now when I'm filling the tank.

The spraybar on the right is the discharge of the Pro4+, the spraybar on the left (far) is the discharge for the wet/dry, and the spraybar in the center pointing towards the front of the tank is the fill being pumped up from the basement. As the tank fills, the fill spraybar floats up to the top where it is virtually invisible to the casual observer

I removed the wood canopy cause it's impossible to feed FDBW reaching over the wooden frame - easier to clean too
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Cosmo; 05-24-2017 at 10:41 AM.
    ... Born under a Bad Sign ...

Default Re: Spraybars

I run the pro 4+ 600 on my 75 and think it's a great filter. I did remove the fine filter floss from the filter. I left the coarse one on top and use an eheim prefilter on the intake. Keeps the filter very clean
    Im not illiterate...only my phone's auto correct is

Real Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan925 View Post
    I run the pro 4+ 600 on my 75 and think it's a great filter. I did remove the fine filter floss from the filter. I left the coarse one on top and use an eheim prefilter on the intake. Keeps the filter very clean
    I've left both filter floss pads in so far, but I did make the change of only putting in one basket of the new Ehfimech Pro (the black plastic things) and instead filled that tray with EhfiSubstrat Pro so as to increase the amount of bio media inside the filter. Set up was easy and it runs great. Another good Eheim product I also use a prefilter like I do on my Eheim Wet/Dry.
    ... Born under a Bad Sign ...

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
    I've left both filter floss pads in so far, but I did make the change of only putting in one basket of the new Ehfimech Pro (the black plastic things) and instead filled that tray with EhfiSubstrat Pro so as to increase the amount of bio media inside the filter. Set up was easy and it runs great. Another good Eheim product I also use a prefilter like I do on my Eheim Wet/Dry.
    I got rid of all the plastic stuff. I have all substrat pro and matrix in mine
    Im not illiterate...only my phone's auto correct is