AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: $100,000,000 UV filter

Real Name
    Eric

Default $100,000,000 UV filter

I am just sharing this as I have become water obsessed since I started keeping discus and I find this kind of thing fascinating.

This is the type of treatment I like to see, although I don't like the idea of having to pay for it! Can you imagine what a $100m UV filter looks like?!?

Real Name
    Jacklyn

Default Re: $100,000,000 UV filter

sharing what?
    ~JACKLYN~

Real Name
    Eric

Real Name
    Steve

That's a bummer Eric. So, long term higher water rates, taxes, eh? For much of the year the nearby Medford water comes from a spring source, too. I think it's late summer they supplement it with reservoir sources, also. The spring water is great, but they've recently started dealing with the problem of the soft water leaching metals from pipes, including some old lead they found. I wonder what their cryp. levels are. I bet it's related to warmer temps. I'm on a well and have been envious at times of the softer city water nearby, but I guess it has it's advantages also.
    Lifting dictionaries literally strengthens your muscles.

Real Name
    Eric

Yes, more cost for me, which is kind of hard to stomach after it rained for 7 months straight (literally). I have come to find out though that although water is plentiful here, it is also expensive to manage the massive amounts of run off... So our bills are loaded with a lot of fixed costs to pay for drainage projects.

Portland has also implemented a program to raise pH in order to prevent lead pipe corrosion. They add sodium hydroxide to increase pH to a target of 8.2; although I must be far enough away from the treatment plant that most of it is gone by the time it hits my tap at 6.7 pH