AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DiscusFish.com

Default Re: DiscusFish.com

Quote Originally Posted by Skip View Post
    What?! where
    I recall seeing it awhile back and took a lot of restraint to pass it by without comment.
    Im not illiterate...only my phone's auto correct is

Real Name
    Sean

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan925 View Post
    I recall seeing it awhile back and took a lot of restraint to pass it by without comment.
    That was definitely a smart move and the right thing to do imho.

SimplyDiscus Sponsor Chicago Discus's Avatar

Miranda here. I have made it a policy not to comment on other discus sellers, but having read Kenny's postings I have to chime in. Michael Li, owner of Discusfish.com, is a website owner, that's all. None of the discus on his site are his fish. None of them. He scams other discus dealers into contracting with him to sell their fish. He keeps a percentage of every sale. The other dealers do all the work, including shipping. When Li set up the website at first, he listed the names of the dealers whom he contracted with. They are no longer listed on his site, probably because his "dealers" figured out that they were had. At the time that he contacted me, the percentage was 10% right off the top for every sale. For those of us who import, breed, feed, care for, and love our discus, 10% off the top is a huge amount for a website guy who does absolutely nothing for his business except sit in front of a computer and collect fees. When he first contacted us, not only did he steal pictures, he actually tried to steal our whole website until we threatened him with legal action. He actually had the nerve to try to sign us up again at NADA 2016 in Chicago. I feel sorry for those others who fell for his line of ********.

Registered Member

Exclamation BUYER BEWARE Discus.com

I too was scammed by . What a horrible racket! He continually sends dead fish and expects you to keep paying shipping for the replacement fish. The fish never match the pictures. After reading the above I now know he was lying to me at every turn. The fish that did survive all have issues. The only three fish I have in my tank that aren't screwed up I got elsewhere.

Do not buy.
    Buyer beware.

i can't believe this dude is still selling.. even selling "original" freeze dried blackworms.. the label looks REALLY close to Al's labels.. the nerve of this guy!
    Jester - S0S Crew Texas

Im aware of it Skip and my supplier is not happy at all. Discus.com is not an authorized seller of Australian Blackworms. Mal has informed me the issue is being dealt with regards to the Australian Blackworms.

Thanks though!

al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

I hate scum bags.
    Mama Bear

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    I hate scum bags.
    I concur.

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Good grief, this guy just doesn’t quit. I hope Mal can wrap him around the axle a time or two!!
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

I agree with the sentiment here.

Discus, like all other aquarium, you get what you pay for. Don't skimp out.
    https://freshwatercentral.com/build-your-dream-discus-aquarium-an-expert-guide
    https://freshwatercentral.com/discus-fish

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Cyrus

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoDiscus View Post
    Miranda here. I have made it a policy not to comment on other discus sellers, but having read Kenny's postings I have to chime in. Michael Li, owner of Discusfish.com, is a website owner, that's all. None of the discus on his site are his fish. None of them. He scams other discus dealers into contracting with him to sell their fish. He keeps a percentage of every sale. The other dealers do all the work, including shipping. When Li set up the website at first, he listed the names of the dealers whom he contracted with. They are no longer listed on his site, probably because his "dealers" figured out that they were had. At the time that he contacted me, the percentage was 10% right off the top for every sale. For those of us who import, breed, feed, care for, and love our discus, 10% off the top is a huge amount for a website guy who does absolutely nothing for his business except sit in front of a computer and collect fees. When he first contacted us, not only did he steal pictures, he actually tried to steal our whole website until we threatened him with legal action. He actually had the nerve to try to sign us up again at NADA 2016 in Chicago. I feel sorry for those others who fell for his line of ********.
    Well, the concept of selling others' product by making a website is not the point to bash imo.
    That's how Amazon, Alibaba, Agoda and other millions of websites are making money.

But the ethics (or lack off in this case, actually), stealing photos, lies etc., are not OK.
    Water change is not just a chore, it's my life now...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12