AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Al, you may not like this (New camera product)

Default Re: Al, you may not like this (New camera product)

Quote Originally Posted by Discus-n00b View Post
    Logging onto anything on the internet could potentially put you at the same risk lol, I've been at risk for years. I guess I'm desensitized to it now for better or for worse.
    I actually think that being desensitized is exactly one of the reasons why people tolerate it when before the internet it would not have been tolerated. It also has a lot to do with age,not entirely but to a large degree, Those that grew up with tech are just so used to... I grew up when a computer was a word processor at best. Seriously I dread what my kids will think is acceptable as far loss of privacy. The sad thing is big brother and big corporations have every one convinced that is inevitable and we just need to take it as a necessary evil of living in todays tech world. Frankly, thatz BS. Its not inevitable or a necessary aspect... Its one that we let exist. Data is Data. It doesn't need to be collected and stored for services to be rendered. Telecom doesn't need to keep your records for years. The NSA doesn't need to do half of what it says it does and a fraction of what it doesn't say it does , but does. Websites don't need to track you. Big Businesses like Google, verizon, comcast and facebook and scores of others shouldn't be able to use your data without your express permission. Its really about money and control. Data gives big brother control and big business money. Period.

Theres so many things that we have just let happen either from fear, being desensitized, or not caring enough or seeing why it matters so much. And with every little loss or accepted change in whats acceptable as a loss our personal freedoms and rights slip away and once gone...they don't come back. Its not so much a slippery slope as mudslide. It worries me how much has changed just in my short lifetime...and not for the better with regards to civil liberties and privacy.

Alrighty then, I ranted enough. Just something I think about alot, especially on a weekend like this where we are remembering the soldiers that fought and died to give us these rights and protect them.

Apologies for going slightly further off topic.
    al
    Last edited by brewmaster15; 05-27-2017 at 06:35 PM.
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Real Name
    Matt

No worries Al, it's all relateable!

It even goes smaller than that, simple browsing certain products or webpages tailors banner ads for you. At Disney, they give you those little smart wrist bands now. If you attach your credit card to them like so many unwittingly do, after you purchase a coke in the park at the next ride or through the day you will see coke ads on screens around you while waiting in line. Because they know you bought that coke, and have your gps location in the park they can tailor the "experience" for you. It can get quite scary. I'm just speaking on the very basic information being out there online, I have a footprint, it's the price of making online orders for anything. I do draw the line at more intrusive privacy breeches. I was mostly joking about them listening in to my life, I do think they'd be wasting their time but I would have an issue with it. I think some people can get a bit to conspiracy theory about it though, like when everyone was freaking out about facebook app having access to their camera, well duh clearly it needs access for you to post photos from your camera reel. I don't think companies are tracking you on a micro level which is why I don't have much of an issue with that. The NSA on the other hand I would have a problem with.

At any rate, I ended up backing the campaign. I really want to try this out. I'll be sure to give a full review once it arrives early next year lol.
    -Matt

Registered Member

What a spectacular tool! The photographer's job is to compose. With an excellent image the photographer will be better able to adjust in photoshop or similar. I remember the days when photographers were jumping off bridges in response to digital. Nowadays no photographer would use film even if it was readily available. What a pathetic medium that was! I just joined kickstarter for it. Can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Fundulopanchax View Post
    What a spectacular tool! The photographer's job is to compose. With an excellent image the photographer will be better able to adjust in photoshop or similar. I remember the days when photographers were jumping off bridges in response to digital. Nowadays no photographer would use film even if it was readily available. What a pathetic medium that was! I just joined kickstarter for it. Can't wait.
    Ron,
    I have to disagree with you. Just because digital made it easier does not mean film was a Pathetic Medium.. decades and decades of absolutely stunning images were captured with film. Beautiful images by photographers that had to work hard yes..but the results were no less than digital..if anything they were more...deeper..more rich in tones. And as for film not being used anymore by photographers thats not true.There still are photographers making extraordinary images with film. I still love my film gear and every camera forum or club out there has photographers that use both or just use film besides your dslr users . Digital is easier no doubt... and fits with our "hand everything to us on a silver plater and be quick about it" lifestyles... but honestly I didnt learn a thing about photography with digital. I learned it with film. That pathetic medium is why I love photography .

Al
    Last edited by brewmaster15; 05-27-2017 at 11:40 PM.
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Well now I can sit in the car when it's raining and shoot...
    Stan

SIMPLY DISCUS IS AN OXYMORON

Real Name
    Matt

There ya go Stan thats the spirit! LOL

Update to this, they have raised right at $700k for this of a $50k goal with 20 days left to go. 1391% funded project, that's insane. He's now stretched the goal to $1mil and has added video remote and video playback functions to it.
    -Matt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12