AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Cross Country at Florida Horse Park

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Default Cross Country at Florida Horse Park

Some of you may know that my daughter Diana has moved back to Florida. As a mom I couldn't be happier. While Diana lived in Maryland, she and her horse Nautica took up eventing and attended several shows. Eventing is broken into three parts; dressage, stadium jumping and cross country. Cross Country is by far the most dangerous, similar to riding after the hounds chasing a fox; jumping fences etc in an open field.

So Diana invited me to go and I jumped at it. I am sure glad I went as the two ladies who were riding with Diana didn't show. They had a blowout on the turnpike and didn't make it. Now Diana has never been the only rider and this was a little unnerving for her. Of course this is my first eventing show and I had no real clue what to expect. So we took it all in and decided to stay and see how things went.

Saturday was setup as a schooling day and the show Sunday. Basically schooling is walking and schooling the horse for the jump in the cross country field at your level. Diana is a Beginner Novice and the course is laid out and setup based on your level. So Diana tacked up Nautica and I grabbed the camera and some magic happened. Not great shooting conditions so the pics could be better.

DSC_4707-Edit

This is the only water obstacle for her level. Note the happy grin.

DSC_4768 by

DSC_4698-Edit-2

DSC_4747 by

Diana wanted a video of the actually cross country event during the show. The course was a mile with 15 jumps and she was quite far away but I captured most of her run. Please forgive how shaky the video is when she was way out there.

She and Nautica ran the course is 3 mins 12 secs and were penalized for being too fast. If she has not been penalized she would have taken fourth in her level.
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Registered Member

Default Re: Cross Country at Florida Horse Park

Beautiful horse and your daughter is one hell of a rider. They both looked as one.
    Let me get this straight, she was penalized for being too fast? That's a first. What's the reasoning behind
    that.
    Jay

Real Name
    Pat

Thanks Jay, Nautica and Diana have been a team for 17 years. The reason there is a minimum time for the cross country course is so rider do not push their horses pass their physical limit. Diana do not push Nautica, he was pushing himself. He is an off-the-track TB.
    Pat

Real Name
    Ricardo

Great shots Pat. I love these type of shots because these are the ones you look back on and it brings back a flood of memories

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
    Great shots Pat. I love these type of shots because these are the ones you look back on and it brings back a flood of memories
    Thanks Ricardo and very true.
    Pat