ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Hello From Philippines!

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Mark

Default Hello From Philippines!

I'm New discus keeping!

Here in the Philippines it cost about 600 pesos about 12$ juvenile size. I was amazed about their colors and patterns but some patterns are very highly priced. Before i started keeping discus i used to keep a saltwater tank and a planted tank.

Starting a 50 gallon bare bottom with 10 discus. I also use Sponge filter because i saw it from the place where i bought it.

Yesterday i read about the Epsom salt and regular salt because they look like kinda bloated and they stay on the lower corners of tank. After applying that procedure about 2 hours i saw there are floating white strings on the tank. The discus now is active from dark stress skin into a happy discus

I will upload some pictures later.

I hope you guys can give me suggestions!

Regards
    Mark
    50 Gallon Discus Tank

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Mark Seng

Default Re: Hello From Philippines!

Kabayan!

Kept discus in a planted tank before, but now working on a bigger setup (bare bottom this time) coz I find them really one of the most beautiful fish to keep I also just started a journal thread here a few days ago. Check it out:

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...t=#post1266905

With regards to your problem, did you test your water? Is your filter fully cycled? What's your tank setup?

Usually I don't like to add stuff to my water (plus it's additional work in the long run) so I'd advise you to take care of basics first before tinkering with the water parameters Better to keep things steady and do regular water changes with aged/dechlorinated water. Keep it simple With 10 juveniles, they also need heavy feeding if you want them to grow big, so expect to do at least 30-50% water changes every other day (or daily as your sched allows).

Hope to see some pics of your tank. See you around