AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: artifical plants

Registered Member

Default artifical plants

Whats your guys take on fake plants is it more of a mess with food and what not getting stuck in them or is it ok to put in there thanks

Default Re: artifical plants

Hey if they float your boat go for it.
    The only downside I see is that they will get in the way during frequent tank cleanings.

Registered Member

ok thanks this is what I'm thinking18944541_10208948052605599_1701352197_n.jpg

Real Name
    Phil

Also, make sure they aren't rough, point, or any other form of hazard for the fish...

Not for my liking but some folks enjoy them, they look far too fake and just stick out like a sore thumb to me. If you are going to roll with them, try good silk plants, they flow like real ones and are softer...

I think that tank would nice with no plants at all, to me the plants take away from the real look you have going

Real Name
    Filip

You will have to shake them prior WCs to get the debris out of them . Other than that I don't see any other drawback.
    From aesthetical POV I tottaly agree with Phill.
    Your tank with that great looking natural background and your wood would look much nicer without plastics in it. But that's just my personal opinion Matt . To each his own.

Nice looking tank. Would look more natural without the plants but that's just my humble opinion
    Im not illiterate...only my phone's auto correct is

Registered Member

right thanks guys the main reason I have the plants is to hide a nasty scratch the right side of the tank its a brand new tank and I scrapped the crap out of it putting in that driftwood and background nothing can ever go perfect didn't even get any fish in it and already scratched but I do agree the naturally look probally will look better just trying to find a way to cover it up but looks like ill just have to deal with it because theres really not much of a cure for scratches in glass
    Last edited by matt2426; 06-02-2017 at 06:12 PM.

Real Name
    Phil

where is the scratch? can you show more pics please?

Registered Member

18871178_10208948702141837_221793715_n.jpg couldn't get a great pic but its right above the nub on the driftwood

Real Name
    Phil

On the front glass? I'm not sure how I follow the fake plants hiding a scratch ?

Either way I wouldn't be too focused on that once you have some big beautiful Discus swimming around in there the focus will be on them and people won't really be taking into account the scratches on your tank as long as it holds water and isn't just scratch to death where you can't see but one spot I wanted really harp on

my two cents...take the rounded rock on the far left and tuck it into the wood on the right- behind where the lower branch arcs down and touches the sand. Frame it with the two branches, then pull the plants.

Registered Member

think your right phil just worrying to much wanted everything to come out perfect but ill give that a try Neptune and see what it looks like you guys convinced me its gana look better natural the plants look kind of chessy

I've accidently put some scratches in my glass with my mag float and getting sand caught. There are actually many more than I thought. You can't even see them unless algae starts to grow in them then I just scrub it off they really are not noticeable at all. You just notice them because you know they are there.

The others are right once you have vibrantly colored fish in your tank the eyes will never notice the glass. Especially the glass
    Im not illiterate...only my phone's auto correct is

Registered Member

18788269_10208949883931381_1764099324_n.jpg

Think you guys are right looks better natural may do some slight adjustments with the rocks but looks like I'm just about ready for discus

Real Name
    Filip

Quote Originally Posted by matt2426 View Post
    18788269_10208949883931381_1764099324_n.jpg

Think you guys are right looks better natural may do some slight adjustments with the rocks but looks like I'm just about ready for discus
    Looks way better Matt , at least IMO .
    Put some potted Amazon swords if you must . That way you'll still have some greenery in it but it would look more natural .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast