ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BN Pleco or Nerite Snails - Diatoms

Default Re: BN Pleco or Nerite Snails - Diatoms

Thank you all, good to hear, I guess final question would be what signs to look for to see if the pleco was harassing my Discus at night, do they get sores on their sides? Mostly wondering if it is something I would notice and could remove the pleco before any real damage is done, I am assuming that a pleco is not really capable of killing a discus, assuming I was paying attention

My baby plecos are about an inch right now, I bet the would end up as food at the moment but very excited to get one in there as I moved a plant out of the discus tank into the fry tank and they cleaned it spotless overnight!

I have an adult male and female (duh, the parents) in my community, as well as two females in my Mbuna tank but I think I would feel better about starting with one I bred knowing it at least SHOULD be cleaner, and most likely free of parasites.

Real Name
    Sean

Default Re: BN Pleco or Nerite Snails - Diatoms

I kept L134 Leopard Frog plecos that I bought from Apistomaster with a group of six discus for two years without any issues until hurricane Sandy came thru and knocked out my power for 12 days. I lost my whole stock. It was tragic and I took a several year break from the hobby afterwards.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12