AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Poorly discus

Registered Member

Default Poorly discus

Hi everyone, first time here and a new discus owner. I have 10 discus in a 700 litre community tank. Temp from 28c to 30c but normally 29c, ammonia 0, nitrite 0, ph 7.0 nitrate a bit high at about 10. Regular wTer changes 50- 80% every two or three days. Right down to business. Last week I purchased 2 very nice orange discus from a local reputable shop. The problem is one of them seems to have what looks like white patches on him and I'm not sure what it is. He is eating and swimming around, no heavy breathing or anything obviously wrong other than the white patches. I'm not sure if it's slime because he is stressed out as he has gone down in the pecking order or a disease. I have probably missed out loads of information so sorry in advance, and thankyou in advance for any help or info.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Default Re: Poorly discus

Hi Lucus, I am guessing you do not QT the two new discus but adding them in with your current group? Sounds like you are seeing a case of cross contamination from mixing the two groups. I would first recommend you up your water changes to 50% or more per day. Also please fill out the discus questionnaire for more information http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...lease-complete and paste the filled out version in this thread.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening