ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: NADA-2018 Show Date/Location

Default Re: NADA-2018 Show Date/Location

Quote Originally Posted by Willie View Post
    When can we register and book hotel rooms?

Willie
    We plan to open the 2018 Show Website this week but you can register for the hotel here.......
    http://www.marriott.com/meeting-even...&stop_mobi=yes
    Larry Bugg

NADA - Vice President
    Atlanta Area Aquarium Association

Gold Member FischAutoTechGarten's Avatar
    Real Name
    Peter

Larry, James and Bob
    What time do the doors open and the events start on Thursday, July 12th?
    Do they start off with dinner on Thursday?

Just figuring out if there would be time to drive down there on Thursday from Upstate New York. There is a chance I could be in Upstate New York around that time (checking on that now so I can make the Hotel reservation in time should I be able to attend).
    Peter
    Cuerpo en Green Valley, Arizona, USA y Corazón en Alamos, Sonora, Mexico

learning never stops

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by ODwyerPW View Post
    Larry, James and Bob

Just figuring out if there would be time to drive down there on Thursday from Upstate New York. There is a chance I could be in Upstate New York around that time (checking on that now so I can make the Hotel reservation in time should I be able to attend).
    There is nothing show wise happening on Thursday except showroom setup and fish arriving. Here's the schedule for the show http://www.discusnada.org/2018NADAdi...w/show-events/.
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Real Name
    Steve

I'm going to second what Pat said and just say that, although many of us are connected to the community through SD, NADA is a separate organization and I encourage everyone to check out the show at the link to their site Pat posted. And you should go!
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by ODwyerPW View Post
    Larry, James and Bob

The doors will be open all day on Thursday!!!!!! Come on down!!!!

As Pat said there are no official events on Thursday. Room set up should start Thursday morning with the stands being assembled and tanks set up so we can start putting fish in the tanks Thursday afternoon. Not all fish show up on Thursday but some do so we have to be ready for them. My plans are to arrive on Wed night so I will be there Thursday morning to help set up. I know some others are planning on doing the same. We always welcome help with open arms. The more the quicker we have the tanks ready. There is another benefit from doing this. It gives you a chance to meet and get to know some people early before the room is so crowded. For me this is a big plus. I love the presentations from speakers and also enjoy chatting and buying from vendors but what I enjoy the most and the biggest reason I have attended all the Shows, is a chance to meet others that I have only spoken with online and some I have never had that online chance with. Along with building stands and setting up tanks we will be setting up tables for vendors/sponsors, we will be setting up the speaker room, we will be stuffing goodie bags and setting up the registration table. Plenty to do!!
    Larry Bugg

NADA - Vice President
    Atlanta Area Aquarium Association

Registered Member
    Real Name
    george melendez

Well I'm in sunny California and that is a little far for this old man. Wish i could attend, is there any shows out west in the near future?

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Bugg View Post
    The doors will be open all day on Thursday!!!!!! Come on down!!!!

As Pat said there are no official events on Thursday. Room set up should start Thursday morning with the stands being assembled and tanks set up so we can start putting fish in the tanks Thursday afternoon. Not all fish show up on Thursday but some do so we have to be ready for them. My plans are to arrive on Wed night so I will be there Thursday morning to help set up. I know some others are planning on doing the same. We always welcome help with open arms. The more the quicker we have the tanks ready. There is another benefit from doing this. It gives you a chance to meet and get to know some people early before the room is so crowded. For me this is a big plus. I love the presentations from speakers and also enjoy chatting and buying from vendors but what I enjoy the most and the biggest reason I have attended all the Shows, is a chance to meet others that I have only spoken with online and some I have never had that online chance with. Along with building stands and setting up tanks we will be setting up tables for vendors/sponsors, we will be setting up the speaker room, we will be stuffing goodie bags and setting up the registration table. Plenty to do!!
    I've planned my family holiday around this event, and will be in New York at the time. I'm looking forward to attending, and to meet alot of the fine people from here.
    We're here for a good time...not a long time

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345