ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: NADA-2018 Show Date/Location

Registered Member

Default Re: NADA-2018 Show Date/Location

Newark Airport is the closest and is about 20-30 mins away from hotel on a good day.

Registered Member Keith Perkins's Avatar
    Real Name
    CozyKeith

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Bugg View Post
    Lots of times local people will say they are going to stay at home and come to the hotel for the talks and stuff. It is more than just going to the talks. Don't get me wrong, they are informative and given by some of the top discus people around the world, but before the talks and after the talks and at 3 in the morning you get to talk one on one with these experts and you spend time with Simply/NADA friends and experts. The experience is unbelievable.
    Excellent points Larry. I wish I had a picture to show of the folks sitting in a circle in the fishroom in Chicago talking at the wee hours of the morning. You can get about any discus question answered by several experts when you're in these settings, even a few questions you'd never think to ask.
    President - North American Discus Association

Real Name
    Sean

I'm psyched. This is pretty close to my neck of the woods. I better bring a pocketful of cash so I can bring home something nice.

Homesteader Kingdom Come Discus's Avatar

This is great.! Great bunch heading up this one.
    Kraig

Real Name
    Devon Cropley

This made my day! I will finally be able to make it to a meeting and meet a bunch of you! now I just have to be patient for another year!

I am in too. Can't wait! Well I guess I have to.... I need an advent calendar. ��
    "You can't trust water: Even a straight stick turns crooked in it." -W.C.Fields

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Mike

About 20 minutes from my house..............can't wait for this.

Registered Member

Outstanding, right in my backyard!

This is shaping up to be a super great show - maybe the best ever - especially with James, Bob, Keith & Larry, and no doubt others as well, doing the organizing !!!

I'm hesitant to be speaking about this too soon, for fear of jinxing myself.... but here goes:

Some of you may recall that I was really looking forward to attending the 2016 show in Chicago - but had to cancel all the bookings at the 11th hour due to health/medical issues, doctor's recommendation, and inability to get suitable travel medical insurance.

Well, I believe things have changed for the better.... I'm scheduled to have my first full hip replacement surgery next week (Oct.5), and assuming all goes well ( no reason why it shouldn't), my orthopedic surgeon should be able to schedule the needed second hip replacement within 4-5 months following the first....... thereby hopefully allowing for a suitable 2nd rehab time period to get me into sufficient condition to attend the show in mid-July 2018 !

At least, that's what I' hoping ...... there's always a few 'what if's' in these kind of situations.... but I'm quite positive & optimistic about it, and will give it my best shot to get in shape, so as to be able to meet up with all you good people next July.

Really looking forward to it !!

Paul

Real Name
    Steve

Hope all goes well Paul!
    Lifting dictionaries literally strengthens your muscles.

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and MVP Nov.2015 Disgirl's Avatar

Good news Paul! NADA will give you a pleasant thought or two as you recover from the surgeries, something to really look forward to. It will be great to finally meet you in person!
    Barb

Delightful Designs Discus Cones by Barb -- Check out my Sponsor section --HERE--!

I want to go.. but i could be bringing wife and foster/adopted kids by that time next year!!
    Jester - S0S Crew Texas

Many thanks for your words of encouragement, Steve & Barb.

Will look forward to meeting both of you, as well as many, many other discus devotees who will be attending the show, whose names I'm familiar with but would be very pleased to get to know better.

And Skip, I really hope you'll manage to be there with wife & family so I can finally meet you in person. It's been a lot of years since we've been back & forth communicating together, on more than this SD forum.

There are so many SD members I'd love to have a chat with, or break bread with, or have a favorite bar libation with -
    just to mention a few while risking omitting at least 30 or more other names - (so forgive me) I hope you folks will also be attending: - Al, Pat, Keith, Barb, Ricardo, Ralph, Rick, Larry, and not least, John !!..... etc.

Guess you can tell I'm real excited about being in attendance at this show !

Registered Member Keith Perkins's Avatar
    Real Name
    CozyKeith

I definitely hope you make it this time around Paul, and Pat too for that matter. I missed you both at the Chicago show. Believe it or not the people you mentioned are even nicer in person than they are on the forum...especially John.
    President - North American Discus Association

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Perkins View Post
    I definitely hope you make it this time around Paul, and Pat too for that matter. I missed you both at the Chicago show. Believe it or not the people you mentioned are even nicer in person than they are on the forum...especially John.

About the people mentioned (as well as many others who may be there) being even nicer in person --- I believe that,
    and as for John ...... I certainly can't wait to meet him - would not want to miss that !!!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast