ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Hello from San Diego!

Real Name
    Anthony

Default Hello from San Diego!

Hi everyone,

I thought I should finally introduce myself after researching and learning about proper care of discus for a month through the forum. I went and bought a 80 gallon tall tank that came with a bag of Caribsea jellybeans(still debating on taking it out or not) from my LFS. I started with fishless cycling and it's been going on for a month now finally seeing nitrAtes which is good! I thought this would be a great new hobby since all I do now is school and not work (100% disabled veteran USMC), I needed something to do with all this free time I have, so this is perfect I can devote the proper time and care for my future set of 7 discus from Kenny. Really looking forward to learning more new things from the forum and from everyone. Thanks!

-Anthony

Default Re: Hello from San Diego!

Quote Originally Posted by true2uroots View Post
    Hi everyone,

I thought I should finally introduce myself after researching and learning about proper care of discus for a month through the forum. I went and bought a 80 gallon tall tank that came with a bag of Caribsea jellybeans(still debating on taking it out or not) from my LFS. I started with fishless cycling and it's been going on for a month now finally seeing nitrAtes which is good! I thought this would be a great new hobby since all I do now is school and not work (100% disabled veteran USMC), I needed something to do with all this free time I have, so this is perfect I can devote the proper time and care for my future set of 7 discus from Kenny. Really looking forward to learning more new things from the forum and from everyone. Thanks!

-Anthony
    Welcome and good luck. Sounds like you are off to a good start with researching things first.

Having the necessary time to devote to the hobby is key and a big thank you for your service
    Im not illiterate...only my phone's auto correct is

Real Name
    Anthony

Thanks for the welcome! Really looking forward to starting​ this hobby!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan925 View Post
    Welcome and good
    luck. Sounds like you are off to a good start with researching things first.

Having the necessary time to devote to the hobby is key and a big thank you for your service

Real Name
    Phil

Welcome!