AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: The best laid plans....

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Smudge

Default The best laid plans....

Just had a nightmare....well maybe not so bad now I've calmed down! When I came home this evening i discovered a leak from my aging tank dripping thru the ceiling onto my tank. I flushed the display tank and emptied the aging tank. OK so my babies got an early WC and I've taken the aging tank from upstairs to the outside to find the leak or actually confirm it is a leak. My first thought was my plumbing would be at fault so I checked with tissue, all dry. Its all 22mm pushfit rated to 8 bar so gravity would'nt cause a leak. I cant find a leak in the 230L bin either! It is outside and full and all dry on the outside.
    So now I'm thinking was it just condensation? The lids on wheely bins are not that good a seal and today has been almost 100% humidity....does not happen too often in Yorkshire. anyway this is just a cautionary tale I thought I would share. I have a new container with a lid that seals properly to pick up tomorrow.

Default Re: The best laid plans....

I have a big water spill at least three times a year. Mine are in the garage so not to bad to clean up. I'm ADD so I do three things at once not a good thing when you are filling your aging barrel. lol

Quote Originally Posted by btrader View Post
    I have a big water spill at least three times a year. Mine are in the garage so not to bad to clean up. I'm ADD so I do three things at once not a good thing when you are filling your aging barrel. lol
    Even with 100% humidity and condensation, would that be enough to leak through the ceiling?

Ya been there done, that! When I'm filling the barrel and a thought pops into my head to just go do something else while its filling...I say NOPE just stand here for 2 minutes and be done!!!

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Smudge

Yeah Neptune I don't think condensation could produce so much. I just can't find the leak on the bin and they are pretty tough, it's surprised me. I have switched it for a purpose made water butt now though that means my WCs have gone from 230L to 200L of 330L. I'm sure thats OK.