AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Golden Checkerboard crossed with Fuji Red?

Registered Member

Default Golden Checkerboard crossed with Fuji Red?

Hello All!

I have a Golden Checkerboard and Fuji Red that have paired and begun spawning. I've seen eggs three separate times now in the last couple weeks. They disappear after a couple days, probably being eaten by other fish.

I'm considering moving the pair to a breeding tank. This would be my first foray into discus breeding.

Is there any way to predict what a cross between these two fish would look like? Or has anyone here ever done this themselves? I would not want to breed them if the result is known or likely to be an unattractive fish.

I'm open to any and all feedback. Thank you!

Default Re: Golden Checkerboard crossed with Fuji Red?

Quote Originally Posted by Revan View Post
    Hello All!

I have a Golden Checkerboard and Fuji Red that have paired and begun spawning. I've seen eggs three separate times now in the last couple weeks. They disappear after a couple days, probably being eaten by other fish.

I'm considering moving the pair to a breeding tank. This would be my first foray into discus breeding.

Is there any way to predict what a cross between these two fish would look like? Or has anyone here ever done this themselves? I would not want to breed them if the result is known or likely to be an unattractive fish.

I'm open to any and all feedback. Thank you!
    I have no idea what the lineage of the Fuji is. If it's not PB based then prob not a good match
    Im not illiterate...only my phone's auto correct is

Real Name
    Eric

Default Re: Golden Checkerboard crossed with Fuji Red?

Fuji is definitely PB based but I have no idea what the offspring would look like.