AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: New to discus, regarding multi vitamins

Registered Member

Question New to discus, regarding multi vitamins

Hello there I'm new to this forum and to discus keeping , I have 4 adult discus around 6.5 inches , as I moved house recently the fish got very stressed out and broke out in a few disease, fluke.. think it's sorted , some sort of fin rot as the top fin is milky white and slightly cramped, Iv been making some homemade food for them and was just wondering which multi vitamins I can use, to save some cost is there any human consumption pills that are acceptable , if so could I have the brand name,is there any ingredients I need to watch out for and also which vitamin content , sorry for all the silly questions I'm new and willing to learn and I'm very excited about joining the community cheers ollie

Real Name
    Kevin

Default Re: New to discus, regarding multi vitamins

When you moved house, did your water parameters change? If you're using tap water, are you on a different municipality from your last house?

Quote Originally Posted by Stammers12 View Post
    Hello there I'm new to this forum and to discus keeping , I have 4 adult discus around 6.5 inches , as I moved house recently the fish got very stressed out and broke out in a few disease, fluke.. think it's sorted , some sort of fin rot as the top fin is milky white and slightly cramped, Iv been making some homemade food for them and was just wondering which multi vitamins I can use, to save some cost is there any human consumption pills that are acceptable , if so could I have the brand name,is there any ingredients I need to watch out for and also which vitamin content , sorry for all the silly questions I'm new and willing to learn and I'm very excited about joining the community cheers ollie
    Welcome to SimplyDiscus!,
    Can you post some pictures of the fish with the issues?

Whats in your Homemade Mix? What else do you feed? You may not even need to add multivitamins but if you want to any should do...I used to use one-a-days mens in my BH mixes when I made it.Any Brand I had on hand.

al
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Registered Member

Yea my water has changed I'm using ro from my lfs which is half way accross the country so I'm trying to figure out how to get my levels stable, u used fresh prawns, white fish, lamb heart by mistake as I know I need beef heart just couldn't find any, baby spinach, banana, carrot and broccoli, garlic, as well as tetra prima and bloodworm mixed in, I feed them tetra prime, bloodworm , tetra min, none of them are fussy, could you suggest a good brand of pellet and flake?

Registered Member

Registered Member

Top one has a hole in the side of his belly but seems to be repairing, also 2 out of my 4 have milky white top find what could that be?

Registered Member

Registered Member

Sorry one last quest does anyone know what type of algae this is?

Registered Member