AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Ads and why they are important to The Forum

Default Ads and why they are important to The Forum

Hello all,
    As part of my blogging section here at SimplyDiscus I plan on posting things of interest to the Forum and that are important for members to Understand. The Forum exists here through various funding sources. Aside from Sponsors that pay a yearly fee for the right to sell here ( with stipulations to encourage ethical selling practices), funds are generated by Premium Membership purchases (info Here) and by ads that are placed at several locations in the Forum. If you are Premium Member here one of the perks is you don't see the ads as a thank you for your support. Registered members and Guest do. When a member sees an ad that interests them they click on it and a small portion of revenue comes to the Forum. SimplyDiscus does not control the specific ad content you see though,content is generated by google based on your past viewing history at other websites.

I have tried to position Ads in the least obtrusive places I can so they do not distract from your experiences here. I have also instituted filters that block offensive Sexual Content,as well Religious and Political content. I also can specifically block a website if necessary. I will tell you honestly that there are Browser add on that block these ads. Tech savy individuals know these and with a little research anyone can find them. Why would I tell you this when it takes away from potential revenue to the forum. Revenue that keeps the forum Running? I have several reasons, the first is quite honestly I hope you won't run ad-blockers here. The ads cost you nothing, but if you see something that interests you in an ad, and you click on the ad and visit the site, it then Helps Fund the Forum you call home. Its a way you can give back to SimplyDiscus. So rather than pretend that Ad blockers don't exist, I would rather be upfront and acknowledge them, and explain why they hurt this forum financially. The choice is yours. After Years of avoiding using Ad Revenue, I was forced to accept the fact that we needed it as part of Simply's Revenue Stream.

Another reason I am telling you this, is because I really would prefer members support the forum by joining as a Premium Member Even if its at the Silver level. In the long run I feel that the Premium Membership program here is the key to the Forum being here many years to come. I also would like to see the Donate Button , Here used more. The Donate button lets you send in any amount you are comfortable with.

So there you have it. A complete explanation on Ads here on SimplyDiscus and why we use them. Please consider not using ad-blocking software when you visit SimplyDiscus. When you do, it takes away from potential revenue that supports the forum.

Thanks,
    al
    Last edited by brewmaster15; 06-20-2017 at 12:22 PM.
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images