ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: New fish sick

Registered Member
    Real Name
    richard

Default New fish sick

Hi all first post so sorry if it's a bit of s panic! I purchased my first two discus last Saturday and within 2 days I realised they were sick! I got some NT labs wormer and fluke treatment as the fish were showing signs of clamped fins and flicking. After a few days it wasn't getting better so I went to the pet shop where I bought them and all their discus were the same! The guy told me it wasn't what I had been treating for but it was audinia or something and told me to use waterlife protozin? I said are you sure as at the time mine were showing no signs of fungus or velvet. He said yes and it's what he had treated the shop fish with. I have done two doses so far and they actually look worse! What go you think? I've took pics but can't work out how to add them?

Registered Member
    Real Name
    richard

Default Re: New fish sick

temp ___28__

- ph ___7.6__

- ammonia reading __0__

- nitrite reading __0__

- nitrate reading __10__

What type of water or combinations of water sources do you use? If it is an RO/tap/well water mix, please list percentages in the mix.

- well water ____

- municipal water __yes__

- RO water ____

Obviously the discus were sick at the store prior to purchase. I would take them back.
    Larry Bugg

NADA - Vice President
    Atlanta Area Aquarium Association

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Bugg View Post
    Obviously the discus were sick at the store prior to purchase. I would take them back.
    +1 to that and I would never purchase anything there again if the shop knowingly sold you sick fish.
    Im not illiterate...only my phone's auto correct is

Registered Member
    Real Name
    richard

hi they have only just set up new tanks as the old ones were way over due! the discus looked fine when they came in all healthy and a few days later still looked fine when i bought them including all the ones in the shop! the odd thing is that all the 2.5" sizes are now all very sick including mine but the 3.5" ones off the same order are all ok? the guy running the fish room thinks he knows a lot but to be honest hes full of you know what and is now trying to say the water company must have added something to the water??????

Registered Member
    Real Name
    richard

here are pics sorry for quality
    Attached Images Attached Images

Real Name
    Mervin

You really should try(demand) to get your money back.Discus are costly enough and meds aren't cheap.Their growth is compromised already.