AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Place, Your Beer!

Default Re: Your Place, Your Beer!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan925 View Post
    According to the laws that govern this forum I would never post about doing anything illegal

Do you remember Zimas nastier brother? Tequiza?
    Of course not Ryan and no...I do not remember Tequiza! Shall I go search for a commercial? My cheeks hurt from laughing at the Zima ones!

Couldn't find any commercials for it but lots of stuff on guinea pigs This thread is getting really weird...

Sorry Al...
    Last edited by Jenene; 08-02-2017 at 09:44 PM.
    "You can't trust water: Even a straight stick turns crooked in it." -W.C.Fields

Real Name
    Eric

I do remember actually enjoying Tequiza, but those were the days of few alternatives when I was underage (I am relying on the statute of limitations on this post). I think we can talk openly amongst friends about our journey to being beer connoisseurs, including the dark days of Milwaukie's Best Ice

Quote Originally Posted by Clawhammer View Post
    I do remember actually enjoying Tequiza, but those were the days of few alternatives when I was underage (I am relying on the statute of limitations on this post). I think we can talk openly amongst friends about our journey to being beer connoisseurs, including the dark days of Milwaukie's Best Ice
    Oh it was natural ice for me lol. Cheap as could be and got you there pretty fast lol

Have come a long way from the keystone, mickeys and old English lol
    Im not illiterate...only my phone's auto correct is

I needed an excuse to go back...so I took my 75 year old mother to the WhichCraft Brewery...Okay stop laughing she had fun. She actually ordered a flight. She still lives on the edge-as do I. I had Burning Money Thin Man IPA, Coconut Victory at Sea Ballast Point Porter, Saranac Chocolatl Mexican Porter, and Sofie Goose Island Saison. I know some of those are girlie, but I am a girl. I am training to appreciate the IPA's which tend to be on the bitter side, but I am learning. I really liked the Burning Money Thin man a lot. I hear the Eastern US IPA's are less bitter. I could have just gone with the Ballast Porter I liked and been done with decisions but I want to branch out. The problem is they completely change the offerings every week. So if I decide I really like something, chances are it won't be there next week. I guess I will just have to keep going and trying new things. I could have way worse problems. P_20170803_170003_BF.jpg

Your mother is cool.
    Mama Bear

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    Your mother is cool.
    Yes, Liz, yes she is!

Picked up a Squatters Hop Rising today...fairly disappointing! Pretty wimpy for a double IPA.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Neptune View Post
    Picked up a Squatters Hop Rising today...fairly disappointing! Pretty wimpy for a double IPA.
    Who comes up with these labels? Seriously weird stuff! I found one of those growing in my cabinet...the potato, not he farmer...

Quote Originally Posted by Jenene View Post
    Who comes up with these labels? Seriously weird stuff! I found one of those growing in my cabinet...the potato, not he farmer...
    Its a hop! LMAO!
    But I love label art! Reminds me of old album covers!

Here is one of my favs..beer and label!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I needed an excuse to go back...so I took my 75 year old mother to the WhichCraft Brewery...Okay stop laughing she had fun. She actually ordered a flight. She still lives on the edge-as do I. I had Burning Money Thin Man IPA, Coconut Victory at Sea Ballast Point Porter, Saranac Chocolatl Mexican Porter, and Sofie Goose Island Saison. I know some of those are girlie, but I am a girl. I am training to appreciate the IPA's which tend to be on the bitter side, but I am learning. I really liked the Burning Money Thin man a lot. I hear the Eastern US IPA's are less bitter. I could have just gone with the Ballast Porter I liked and been done with decisions but I want to branch out. The problem is they completely change the offerings every week. So if I decide I really like something, chances are it won't be there next week. I guess I will just have to keep going and trying new things. I could have way worse problems. P_20170803_170003_BF.jpg
    Don't worry the bitterness will grow on you my friend.

Ballast point is one of my favorite breweries. They make many delicious brews.

Quote Originally Posted by Neptune View Post
    Its a hop! LMAO!
    But I love label art! Reminds me of old album covers!

Here is one of my favs..beer and label!
    Ha ha ha!!!! It looked like a potato!!! That just goes to show you how much I have yet to learn! Won't take me long hanging around here! At least I can laugh at with you!

Don't worry the bitterness will grow on you my friend.

Ballast point is one of my favorite breweries. They make many delicious brews.
    Thanks Ryan, for having faith in me. I am getting there- if not for lack of trying! I am stepping outside my comfort zone. The bar was set pretty low before Al started this thread. I have to keep up with the big boys here. ��

I know it's bad when I have almost as many posts on this thread as Ryan... but...we tried a new brewery Last night called The Stoneyard. I had homework- working on my appreciation of all things IPA. Getting there. I loved the one I had- Thin Man/Collective Arts In Love with The System. Hazy gold body and a tight white head; juicy aroma and flavors of mango, orange, lime and some light pine; crisp, nicely bracing finish. (I just cut and pasted this from the menu, I definitely could never come up with a description like that ) The bartender was great and explained it is actually a collaboration between breweries in Buffalo, NY and Toronto,Canada.

http://stoneyardbrewingcompany.com/a...ill-beer-menu/

Never in a million years would I have thought I would go out in search of the best craft brews. My husband is enjoying coming along for the ride though. I certainly do not need to drag him out with me.

Here are some pics...We never did get an answer to why there is a creepy, decapitated doll head in the rafters. The bartender insisted he had no idea how that got there...

P_20170805_180254_BF.jpgP_20170805_180220_BF.jpgP_20170805_183106_BF.jpg

I know it's bad when I have almost as many posts on this thread as Ryan... but...we tried a new brewery Last night called The Stoneyard. I had homework- working on my appreciation of all things IPA. Getting there. I loved the one I had- Thin Man/Collective Arts In Love with The System. Hazy gold body and a tight white head; juicy aroma and flavors of mango, orange, lime and some light pine; crisp, nicely bracing finish. (I just cut and pasted this from the menu, I definitely could never come up with a description like that ) The bartender was great and explained it is actually a collaboration between breweries in Buffalo, NY and Toronto,Canada.

http://stoneyardbrewingcompany.com/a...ill-beer-menu/

Never in a million years would I have thought I would go out in search of the best craft brews. My husband is enjoying coming along for the ride though. I certainly do not need to drag him out with me.

Here are some pics...We never did get an answer to why there is a creepy, decapitated doll head in the rafters. The bartender insisted he had no idea how that got there...

P_20170805_180254_BF.jpgP_20170805_180220_BF.jpgP_20170805_183106_BF.jpg
    Haha I love that you are taking this thread over!

Haha I love that you are taking this thread over!
    Really Ryan? That's all you have to add? Come on man! Keep up with me here!

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast