Thread: Your Place, Your Beer!

Registered Member Keith Perkins's Avatar
    Real Name
    CozyKeith

Default Re: Your Place, Your Beer!

Quote Originally Posted by Second Hand Pat View Post
    Great photo. Glad Keith say Hi for me Jenene!! Looks like a grand lunch
    Pat
    It was Pat, hopefully Al forgives me for bumping our lunch down to my second favorite one in NY.
    President - North American Discus Association

Real Name
    Take a wild guess

It's a dog's life but at least I have my favourite stubby from a lovely island, not Aussie but Sardinia
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Paul Sabucchi; 09-09-2018 at 09:28 AM.

It looks like the dog got to the bottle before you did Paul.

It doesn’t really matter though. Your scenery is intoxicating enough. I see it’s unfiltered. I’ve been seeing more of that here among the craft brews. Does it add to the flavor or just alter the appearance of it? Kind of curious but haven’t asked to taste them yet. I’m thinking it’s lighter in color as well?
    "You can't trust water: Even a straight stick turns crooked in it." -W.C.Fields

Real Name
    Take a wild guess

Taste is pretty similar, just seems to have a bit more body.
    The dog on the other hand has plenty of "body", she is a big lazy slob. Double Merle (so deaf as most are) great Dane rescued from Spain where she was on death row.
    Last edited by Paul Sabucchi; 09-10-2018 at 03:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Sabucchi View Post
    Taste is pretty similar, just seems to have a bit more body.
    The dog on the other hand has plenty of "body", she is a big lazy slob. Double Merle (so deaf as most are) great Dane rescued from Spain where she was on death row.
    She’s adorable Paul, and is very lucky you found her. She looks exceptionally comfortable in your home.

As for the beer maybe the next time I see one on the menu I’ll give it a chance. Thanks for sharing!

Real Name
    Dave

For beer I have been blessed with a brewery less than three miles from my house. http://www.ordnancebrewing.com/home.html The brewery is in an onion shed, they don't have food; they just do beer.

They have a porter that is very smooth, and they make a blueberry infused wheat beer called "Bloops". Occasionally they have a barley wine or two also.

Good stuff.
    God is the artist, he merely allows me to see and capture his work . http://davesphotography7055.zenfolio.com/ coupon code: angelfish
    some of my work accepted by Pentax (the camera bodies I use): http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidgray

Dave can you take some pics of this onion shed? Im having a tough time imagining drinking good beer in a shed full of "onions" lol. Although I have had many a good brew with a side of friend onion rings!
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Real Name
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    Dave can you take some pics of this onion shed? Im having a tough time imagining drinking good beer in a shed full of "onions" lol. Although I have had many a good brew with a side of friend onion rings!

Here is a photo I found of the brewery. Basically just a metal building without insulation on a cement slab that used to be onion storage. ls.jpg
    God is the artist, he merely allows me to see and capture his work . http://davesphotography7055.zenfolio.com/ coupon code: angelfish
    some of my work accepted by Pentax (the camera bodies I use): http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidgray

lol..thanks Dave!
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

It took me a little bit of looking to find this thread. I'm slow at searching, I guess. But I finally found it. I would love nothing more than to go to this place, stock up on their beer and take it back home to MS do drink to enjoy. I've read excellent things in their Green. It's an IPA with overtones of citrus and pineapple. I love a sweet fruity IPA.

https://www.treehouseonthefly.com/
    Mama Bear

Registered Member

I have nothing unusual to post or recommend but I thought it most unfortunate when a pandemic was named the same as my favorite beer. I am enjoying a bottle of that beer as I review this thread.

Registered Member

I'm leaving in UAE ... no local beer

Cool Re: Your Place, Your Beer!

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    It took me a little bit of looking to find this thread. I'm slow at searching, I guess. But I finally found it. I would love nothing more than to go to this place, stock up on their beer and take it back home to MS do drink to enjoy. I've read excellent things in their Green. It's an IPA with overtones of citrus and pineapple. I love a sweet fruity IPA.

https://www.treehouseonthefly.com/
    I’ve always ignored the warning that you should never judge a book for it’s cover... but I admit it, I just do. It started with books, then grocery store items, wine and yes...they did a great job with those cans. They just look refreshing. We went to Massachusetts often pre-covid era, I’ll make sure to try to get there once we are “free to move about the cabin.”

I learned to appreciate IPAs here with Ryan925 and Al years ago. I was recently introduced to this Single Cut 18 Watt by a co-worker. It really light and slightly piney. Really refreshing on a hot day. You may appreciate this one too Liz. It’s not the bitter bite of the early IPAs I had tried. I’m really particular especially in the summer. My usual stouts and porters are just too heavy. If you run across this one its worth a try. :
    The image will be sideways.. I saw the preview but couldn’t fix
    Attached Images Attached Images

Real Name
    Tom

Nice a beer thread!! Well I know it’s a beer thread but politically correctness has come to beer! And I just can’t stand it! My favorite holiday beer must have been pressured to change its name! white.jpg. I don’t get it but with its original name it was sold off the shelves by the first week in dec. So I’m guessing either people didn’t pick up on the name change or were upset with the change and not drinking it. But it works for me . I found another 12 pack yesterday at the store .DA81A3F0-9BE3-4B14-BB7E-232E4DDE2AD6.jpg
    Last edited by jeep; 01-12-2021 at 01:04 PM.

Real Name
    Tom

Wow is this also pc!!! The pics upside down!!

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718