ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Place, Your Beer!

Default Re: Your Place, Your Beer!

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    So whats your least favorite beer? I have two. I can't stomach wheat beers...just not my thing for many reasons and lite beers. Im sorry. I get the cutting back calorie thing with lite beer but it just doesn't do anything for me. Maybe if there was a hoppy lite I might like it...any one know of any? ...probably not.

How about commercial large scale beers whats you favorite? Id have to say my fav 4 would be guiness ,haffenreffer, miller genuine draft, and heineken. Dont ask why on these...just lots of memories there.
    I can't stand whites...things like Belgium wits. I really don't like that spicy, floral fruitiness. Not a fan of heavily spiced beers either...something like saisons or the like.

As far as commercial beers I am a guineas lover. All of the American ales like bud etc don't really do it for me but if I had to choose it would be a Coors original. There is a good time and place for Mexican beer also. Modelo is my choice there. Sushi or japanese/Chinese restaurant I go Kirin Ichiban

Quote Originally Posted by Clawhammer View Post
    I love wheat beers, well hefeweizen anyway... Al, you should visit Germany, find a nice cafe in a central square on a nice day and try a hefe in that setting, you will fall in love

Different strokes for different folks!

My least favorite kind of beer is lite beer, Heineken, and anything aged in a bourbon or wine barrel. The only time I have enjoyed lite beer is on business travel in China... Snow Beer, Qingdao, and Taiwan beer are pretty refreshing.
    Lol Hef was my gateway beer. Drank that for many years which was my transition to the beers I love today. I can still take down an icecold hef on a hot day
    Last edited by Ryan925; 06-28-2017 at 08:25 PM.
    Im not illiterate...only my phone's auto correct is

Lol...hef was my gateway beer also... we called it the green monster.
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Real Name
    Eric

You know what, hef was my gateway too... lol.

Since I'm a well functioning beeraholic, I'll admit to drinking Budweiser and Corona as staples. Yes, I am ashamed. Once I bought Blue Moon because I liked the name. It was so bad I couldn't drink it. I gave it to a real alcoholic and he couldn't even drink it. There was nothing beer-like about it other than the fizz. I've never understood why people enjoy "lite" beers. To me they have no flavor.
    Mama Bear

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    Since I'm a well functioning beeraholic, I'll admit to drinking Budweiser and Corona as staples. Yes, I am ashamed. Once I bought Blue Moon because I liked the name. It was so bad I couldn't drink it. I gave it to a real alcoholic and he couldn't even drink it. There was nothing beer-like about it other than the fizz. I've never understood why people enjoy "lite" beers. To me they have no flavor.
    +1 on the blue moon. Yuck! That's one if those Belgium wits that I can't stand. I'd take a bud over that any day

Here is my staple
    5282017194116.jpg

And tonight's choice 5282017194128.jpg
    Last edited by Ryan925; 06-28-2017 at 10:45 PM.

If any of y'all see this please buy it and post about it so I can relive how wonderful it is..http://www.kentuckyale.com/products/...bon-barrel-ale
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Steve

I couldn't let this thread die without posting another of my favorites. Another Southern Oregon brew.

IMG_3458 (2).jpg
    Lifting dictionaries literally strengthens your muscles.

Quote Originally Posted by RogueDiscus View Post
    I couldn't let this thread die without posting another of my favorites. Another Southern Oregon brew.

IMG_3458 (2).jpg
    Oh I don't think this thread will die....There's too many good Beers out there for that!

Problem is people don't want to put them down long enough to post about them!
    Al

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Quote Originally Posted by RogueDiscus View Post

IMG_3458 (2).jpg
    I'm surprised there are so few of us hop heads here

Im no fan of canned beer....i just cant get past the homebrew days when I bottled all my ales and stouts. That plus any domestic mass produced beer I have ever had from a can let me with a metalic taste in my mouth.

So I would never have bought a canned ale.. but I am not adverse to accepting some given to me to try..

so I tried this one... love dogfish head ale anyhow. I was not disappointed!

2017-07-02 13.02.26_1499015046695.jpg dh.jpg

I'd buy it ... Great canned ale!

al
    Last edited by brewmaster15; 07-02-2017 at 01:18 PM.

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Real Name
    Steve

Ya, I'm dissapointed that Caldera doesn't seem to bottle their beers. they have many good ones. Growlers are pretty popular around here. Bring your own bottle (they look like old brown moonshine jugs) and fill up at the tap. There are several places in town that carry a wide variety and cater to that crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    Im no fan of canned beer....i just cant get past the homebrew days when I bottled all my ales and stouts. That plus any domestic mass produced beer I have ever had from a can let me with a metalic taste in my mouth.

So I would never have bought a canned ale.. but I am not adverse to accepting some given to me to try..

so I tried this one... love dogfish head ale anyhow. I was not disappointed!

2017-07-02 13.02.26_1499015046695.jpg dh.jpg

I'd buy it ... Great canned ale!

al
    They actually are canning great beers these days. I actually am buying more cans than bottles these days. Less room in the trash lol.

Not like the old days of a crappy tasting beer with hint of aluminum

I started drinking canned beer when my garbage was getting too heavy and I was afraid the garbage men would see all those bottles and know the truth lol. I found that when I poured the beer into a glass it didn't have that aftertaste. I got a couple of great beer glasses at NADA last year. They have the Chicago skyline on one side and a Discus engraved on the other side. I use those.

It was great when my neighbor saved up can and when the price of aluminum went up, would take a ton of them to the scrap metal place. He donated the money to the poor people in Honduras that they visit and help as they can. He can't do that anymore due to his health problems. The price of aluminum must be close to nothing now. I don't even see poor people collecting cans along the road who I could give them to. They go to the land fill.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Steve

We have a 10 cent deposit on them here in Oregon. It's intended to reduce litter and encourage recycling, but it also ends up supporting the homeless population.

We have deposits also here in CT.

One thing I really like is my local grocery store "big y" has really upped their beer game and expanded what they carry. But whats really great is they added a section where you can pick and mix a 6 pack. It makes it sooooooo easy to try new ones.

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast