ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: what should be best possible procedure to feed beefheart

Registered Member Md. Shafiqual Alam's Avatar
    Real Name
    Shibly

Default what should be best possible procedure to feed beefheart

Hi all,

Since last three years I have been feeding BF everyday once in the morning to all my discus from 1" to breeding pair while at midday and night I use commercial pallets & flake. Till now I do 95% wc everyday just 2~3 hrs after feeding BH. Recently one question comes into my mind. In BH we usually use many ingredients (including multi vitamin, vitamin B complex, vitamin E etc.) to ensure vitamins, minerals, protein, fat and so on. My query is, from this BH mix many of the ingredients must mix into the tank water from where Discus can avail gradually with the time by breathing if we keep the water longer.

So is it a good idea if I do 95% wc just before the first feeding (BH) of the day and then feed BH and water keeps unchanged until next day feeding considering Discus get some necessary ingredients from water later with time ? In this water other 2 feeding will continue like before.

Looking for your valuable opinions whatever comes into your mind regarding the situation.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Take care.

-
    Shibly
    Kind Regards,
    Alam Md. Shafiqual (Shibly)

Registered Member

Default Re: what should be best possible procedure to feed beefheart

I do not think so. Any benefit you gain by letting uneaten food and minerals remain in the water will be greatly offset by the disadvantage of the increase chanc
    e of disease in the tank. Feed first, wait up to an hour and then do water changes.
    Ron