AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: What are you keeping today?

Default Re: What are you keeping today?

Quote Originally Posted by adrian31@outlook.com View Post
    Hi Ryan,

RE: Reputable sources: I have no problem recommending Gabe (Wattley's). Of the 14 total I ordered from him, it was a ~6" Cobalt that had slight but noticeable flared gills. This fish was very thick, and nice color. No idea why the flared gills. Otherwise Gabe's had large beautiful fish for very good prices. My experience with DiscusUSA wasn't as positive, in both orders the fish I received from them were smaller yet more expensive, the fish weren't in as good shape on arrival (some deaths). But they had good shape/color. Nice/friendly guy.

RE: visiting suppliers: this place is so small you get used to jumping on a flight to go anywhere really, so not a big deal. I might just do that.
    Do the same rules/laws apply if you were to come here and purchase fish and then ship them home?

Maybe you can entire Kenny to come visit your beautiful island and bring some fish along lol
    Im not illiterate...only my phone's auto correct is

Gold Member
    Real Name
    Kenny

Default Re: What are you keeping today?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan925 View Post
    Do the same rules/laws apply if you were to come here and purchase fish and then ship them home?

Maybe you can entire Kenny to come visit your beautiful island and bring some fish along lol
    Yes unfortunately its the same procedure to import. The process involves applying to two gov't agencies for the import permit, providing req'd documents, then arranging for the 'live shipment' to arrive here within their deadline. It would be so much easier to hop in my car, buy my 10-12 perfect Discus in person, drive them home

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456