AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you keeping today?

Default Re: What are you keeping today?

They are not silver. They are brown. They are very unusual. I'm going t ask my Angelfish guru to take a look.
    Mama Bear

Registered Member

Currently, we have 19 tanks running. My 13 year old has a 10 and a 37 gallon for livebearers, and an 8g with a crayfish. Hubby has a 75g with African cichlids. The remainder are mine - 55g with central and South American cichlids, 55g Amazonian tank, 55g angelfish "dating" tank, several angelfish breeding and grow-out tanks ranging from 5 to 29g, and finally, a 55g with my first discus. I have 7 babies I'm trying my hand at growing out. I got them ranging in size from about 1 to 2", and except for my runt that just isn't growing, they are currently 3.5 to 4". I'm gonna need to either sell off a couple soon or get a bigger tank! I would love to take a run at breeding discus down the road.

Real Name
    Ryan

These are a new toy in the fish room. I won them in a contest from James Perrenod @ Discus R Us.
    https://youtu.be/vtpSs7gc2gw
    I was thrown way off guard by this, as they are still very young.
    Have you gotten your hands wet today?

Quote Originally Posted by White Worm View Post
    Thanks Liz. I love your fish room! I picked up some young angels from a good LFS before they went out of business to decorate my planted tank. Didn't really plan on breeding anything but mother nature had other plans. A pair (Silver/Marble) laid eggs on an anubias leaf and my wife wanted to give it a shot. Got her a breeding box and walla (Young Angels Video)! Here we are about 5 batches in now. They are her pride and joy and she does it for fun plus a couple of bucks we can get for them at a couple fish stores. I consider them to be silver marbles but I'm not claiming any name branding, lol. Then the female paired up with another marble so we are waiting to see what they look like (Angel Fry Video) as they get older. Here is the grow outs that I am watching. We Hand-Picked 6 of our first batch to work with later. They are in with some Koi and Blues for future pairs (hopefully) in this video.
    Thanks for the compliment on my fish room. Are those Marbles really brown or is it the lighting that makes them appear brown?
    Mama Bear

Adding another display tank of discus. I have to wait until the end of July so I don't have to travel for work anymore.

Real Name
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    Thanks for the compliment on my fish room. Are those Marbles really brown or is it the lighting that makes them appear brown?
    It seems to be the lighting in the video that gives them the brown appearance. They look silver and black to me in person.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    harry g

Started with a 450 90 gal sump & africans. 150 with 11 discus,6 sterbi 3 bolivan rams, 185 with 11 discus,7 electric blue rams,8 sterbi, 4 apisto, both tanks have sumps.46 bow 3 apisto, tiger pleco,multipuntis i bred, 10 cardinals& 5 cherry barbs, 55 with 6 electric blue rams,1 angel,tiger pleco,5 rasbora,1 whip tail?????.40 tall 6 german blue rams,1 male hongi apisto also one in the 46. I'm sure i forgot some. Have 4 gold rams coming & have a 30 long waiting for a happing. Well AL you asked for it.

Real Name
    Filip

My 65 G. discus growout tank :

Attachment 110921
    IMG__201707188__091840.jpg

And my overcrowded 3 Gallon "Betta sorority" tank in my kids room:

IMG__201707188__090843.jpg
    IMG__201707188__091240.jpg
    Last edited by Filip; 07-07-2017 at 03:19 AM.

I have 1- 60 gallon tank with 5 Adult Discus and some Rummy nose tetras.

1- 30 gallon with a relatively rare species of tetra, Imperial Tetra Hyphessobrycon sp. "Peru"

1- 180 gallon (soon to be set up) with either wild Geophagus argyrostictus or neambi ( depending on whats available when I'm ready to stock) , corydorus duplicareus or adolfi, and a couple schools of Hyphessobrycon species.

IMG_0651.JPG The Imperial tetras.IMG_0668.jpgIMG_0515.jpg
    Last edited by Discluv; 07-22-2017 at 04:40 PM.

I wanted to ask where you bought those Betta so I could get some from the same place. Then I saw that you live in Macedonia, dang it! That tank is beautiful and I've never seen such beautiful females. The male is a stunner but he doesn't outshine the females. Very impressive.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Ryan

Some Piwowarski Cobalts & Ring Leopards that I've been growing out. Hoping for a few pairs from them in the end.
    https://youtu.be/O98xfC2Foik
    Have you gotten your hands wet today?

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Kyla

wow nice fish rooms and fish guys! I've slowed way down in the hobby, sold off all but one fish tank, so I'm just running a 180gal tank of 11 discus of assorted strains. I am enjoying the hobby twice as much since I downsized all my tanks and have a bit of breathing room. I just passed up buying a whole bunch more discus from another fish keeper in town, which was really tempting. Fish and fish tanks seem to find their way to my basement. I was just given back and old tank I'd rehomed to someone a while ago, with all their fish... I found new homes for their fish and now I have to put the tank on Kijiji before I accidentally fill it with something else.

Don't sell it! If you do you will regret it.
    Mama Bear

Just talked my husband into upgrading my 75 gallon into a 125... I have no idea how. He does not know that means I need a new sump as well. One baby step at a time. This will be a process. Our tank is built into a wall between 2 rooms. This means we need to cut a hole 2 feet longer in the wall and rebuild the cabinet on the working side.... I have my reasons though. Will post them very soon.
    "You can't trust water: Even a straight stick turns crooked in it." -W.C.Fields

Real Name
    Filip

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    I wanted to ask where you bought those Betta so I could get some from the same place. Then I saw that you live in Macedonia, dang it! That tank is beautiful and I've never seen such beautiful females. The male is a stunner but he doesn't outshine the females. Very impressive.
    Thanks for your compliments Liz.
    I bought my bettas totally impulsively and without any previous reading if they can live together or not.
    I just saw this 20 G . Tank in my LFS , full of hundreds of beautiful females swimming together in harmony and I was in love the same moment .
    On my luck , a year after I bought this 5 females and this 1 male , they live together in this 3 gallon tank without hurting each other .
    Here is a close up of the lucky guy sharing his apartment with 5 females :

IMG__201707206__100320.jpg

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast