AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you keeping today?

Registered Member

Default Re: What are you keeping today?

I have one pair red snakeskin + blue snakeskin and a "Panda" pidgeon as adults in a 750 displaytank. Here I also have 3 diamond angels, 1 marble angel, 4 blue rams, 2 electric blue blue rams, 10 sterbay, 2 l200 and 40 rummynose tetras. In growout I have 16 fry from the red+blue snakeskin pair and 8 l066 for breeding. They are in a rack system with a sentral sump.

Real Name
    Filip

Quote Originally Posted by Belkar View Post
    I have one pair red snakeskin + blue snakeskin and a "Panda" pidgeon as adults in a 750 displaytank. Here I also have 3 diamond angels, 1 marble angel, 4 blue rams, 2 electric blue blue rams, 10 sterbay, 2 l200 and 40 rummynose tetras. In growout I have 16 fry from the red+blue snakeskin pair and 8 l066 for breeding. They are in a rack system with a sentral sump.
    Please share some photos of your display if you have any Belkar .

Registered Member

I am getting some new akvastabil lumax led`s today or tomorow. I will snap shome shots then as the lighting there is terrible now. Old scaping was so horrible that I do not wish to share it :P. I am NOT a scaper I have figured out :P

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Brad Zonka

Currently i have a planted 75g tank with 8 4-5 inch discus 6 sterbai amd 8 black neons. Planning on getting a couple plecos to help clean up duties amd eventually going to either a 120 or 125 not sure yet. Then double my stock of discus, they are addictive little guys lol. I also want a school of cardinals and rummynose tetras.

Aside from the discus tank have a 65 tall planted tank for my son. He picks the fish so it's a mix of 1 Senegal bichir, 4 roseline sharks, 1 rainbow shark, 4 serpae tetras, lemondrop bnp, 2 bossemoni rainbows and 2 other rainbows forget the strain. Just ordered some neon dwarf rainbows and some western
    Im not illiterate...only my phone's auto correct is

I'm getting back in to breeding half black Angelfish. I bought some nice ones but they are inbred and need to be out crossed to a different line. FInding half blacks is hard.
    Mama Bear

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    I'm getting back in to breeding half black Angelfish. I bought some nice ones but they are inbred and need to be out crossed to a different line. FInding half blacks is hard.
    My lfs guy breeds discus and angels. He has some really nice looking angel fry. They ate zebra x Philippine blue

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Frank

Just getting started.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf&turf View Post
    Just getting started.
    Welcome

Start yourself a thread and ask lots of questions

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan925 View Post
    Welcome

Start yourself a thread and ask lots of questions
    Thanks, I have a reef tank. Have always wanted to keep discus.

Just restarted my high tech tank last week.

Got a lot of growing out to do. Should have a hair grass and baby tears carpet. Baby tears is starting to spread.

FYI...another successful tank start with Stability. Filled it up, followed directions for 7 days, Been running strong.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Neptune View Post
    Just restarted my high tech tank last week.

Got a lot of growing out to do. Should have a hair grass and baby tears carpet. Baby tears is starting to spread.

FYI...another successful tank start with Stability. Filled it up, followed directions for 7 days, Been running strong.
    Nice start. I neglected mine a bit so got some bba to deal with

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan925 View Post
    Nice start. I neglected mine a bit so got some bba to deal with
    ohhh if you only knew! This was a green swamp last week, tore it all down, bleach, rinse, saved a couple good crypts and restarted!

Quote Originally Posted by Neptune View Post
    ohhh if you only knew! This was a green swamp last week, tore it all down, bleach, rinse, saved a couple good crypts and restarted!
    My crypts are growing great. Getting bushy. I removed some of the faster growing plants because I did like all the roots growing off of the side stems. Just added back some faster growing stuff.

Real Name
    Amy

Quote Originally Posted by Lindad View Post
    Currently, we have 19 tanks running. My 13 year old has a 10 and a 37 gallon for livebearers, and an 8g with a crayfish. Hubby has a 75g with African cichlids. The remainder are mine - 55g with central and South American cichlids, 55g Amazonian tank, 55g angelfish "dating" tank, several angelfish breeding and grow-out tanks ranging from 5 to 29g, and finally, a 55g with my first discus. I have 7 babies I'm trying my hand at growing out. I got them ranging in size from about 1 to 2", and except for my runt that just isn't growing, they are currently 3.5 to 4". I'm gonna need to either sell off a couple soon or get a bigger tank! I would love to take a run at breeding discus down the road.
    Lindad, lucky you to have your whole Family involved. My Family pretty much think my Fish obsession is a bit over the top but they do agree that Discus are beautiful. I've kept Aquariums of one sort another my entire life and always hoped my kids would enjoy the hobby as much as I do but they have zero interest. So I am a bit envious of you.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast