AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Pigeon Blood not looking good.

Default Pigeon Blood not looking good.

DISEASE QUESTIONNAIRE

Problem

1. Please explain the problems with your fish. When did you notice the problems and did anything unusual happen that you think started them? One fish out of six is not growing has clamped fins and bleached out color.

2. Symptoms (i.e. turning dark, excess slime, not eating, clamped fins, flashing, darting, clamped gills, white/yellow/green poop, hiding, headstanding or tailstanding, white on tips of fins, rotting or fungus, blisters/white zits on fish, bloated, cloudy eyes, wounds).
    One fish out of six is not growing has clamped fins, bleached out color and does not act like the other almost lethargic.

3. What medications/ treatments have you already tried and what were the results. Include dosage and duration of treatment.

Metro in food one scope for one table spoon.

Tank/Water

4. Tank size and ages, numbers and sizes of fish.
    90 gallon drilled sump pump with filters bio balls and some active carbon. One month old with 6 2.5 to 3" fish.

5. Water change regime (What percentage and how often)
    50% every other day

6. How long has tank been running? Is it bare bottom? If you have substrate, what type and how deep is it?,
    About a month, bare bottom used a Angle plus sponge filter.

7. Do you age your water? If you do for how long and what is the ph swing?
    Hard to tell the API test kit is saying 7.6 on the low PH solution but it's not registering on the high solution I I have always got 7.8 with a digital test kit. But there is not difference between tap, aged, or tank PH.

8. Parameters and water source;

Note: Water Parameters are important in diagnosing problems within a tank. If you don't own test kits for the following information, you can purchase them, test your parameters and post this info as soon as possible.

- temp _88____

ph ___7.6?__

- ammonia reading __0__

- nitrite reading _0___

- nitrate reading __5ppm__

What type of water or combinations of water sources do you use? If it is an RO/tap/well water mix, please list percentages in the mix.

- well water ____

- municipal water _100%___

- RO water ____

9. Any new fish, plants or inverts added recently.
    Just the six at the same time from the same place.

10. Please tell us what you feed your fish and how often. This can be critical information for solving the problem so be as specific as you can BH mix in morning the Cobalt flack & pellets, bio-gold, Aquatic foods Ultra Blackworm beef heart baby bits, and frozen brine shrimp.

11. Include any pictures or videos you have which shows the symptoms. If you can't add them to this post, please provide a link to them. Attachment 110826

Default Re: Pigeon Blood not looking good.

Ok he does not seem to be eating either. Should I put it in a tank be its self, leave it where it is, or euthanize it?

The image isnt showing...can you repost it please?
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

At the bare minimum I would separate it and evaluate it further to see what is wrong. Its far easier to treat it separate. But the fish does look very stunted and not in great health. I personally would not keep it as fish like these never really thrive even after you put tons of money and meds into them but more so because they can be reservoirs for disease...carrying it back into the other tank.

al
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Thanks Al, I will put it in another tank and use it as a learning experience.
    Brad