AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Suggestions?

Real Name
    Steve

Default Suggestions?

I recently used my fairly new Canon 80D with it's 18-55mm kit lens, camera on auto, to take a couple pics of my garden; mid-day, bright sun. I didn't try to do any post processing. I was disappointed at the lack of focus. Someday I'll get off of auto, but any other suggestions? I posted a couple pics in a "You talking to me?" thread, although I admit I can't remember if these were the ones from my camera or phone.
    Lifting dictionaries literally strengthens your muscles.

Default Re: Suggestions?

Steve,
    I'm going to let Matt, field this one... as I know nothing about Canons. But honestly, Take a few minutes and try playing with your other settings.. Learn what they do, Green mode is crutch thats best left home as soon as it can be, It really just doesn't give you any control. I know its intimidating to try all those settings but you will make leaps and bounds in photography if you do.

al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Real Name
    Steve

Thanks Al. I sort of new that was the answer. With everything else going on, the camera has been literally sitting on the shelf. I may need to work through the tutorial videos. It's one thing to read a section of the manual and get the camera to do what you want it to do, it's another to know how to best use what it can do. Ah, discipline...
    Lifting dictionaries literally strengthens your muscles.

Real Name
    Matt

Steve, was the lens on auto focus? Sometimes your finger can click off of it. Should be switched up to AF if you want auto focus. Or perhaps you accidentally messed with your AF points in the menu, I know for my Canon bodies that option is on the back of the body via quick button so it's be easy to hit. The button should be upper right hand side on the back, it doubles as a zoom when reviewing photos. Pushing it when not reviewing photos can switch your AF point. Any higher res examples so we can see the focus issue?

Let us know if that fixes it. Anytime you need some help I'm glad to help as best I can. I know the feeling of trying to learn your way around a camera. I haven't had to do it for 8 years, now I'm having a huge learning curve.
    -Matt