Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lets see your dog/dogs

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Beth Beardsley

Default Re: Lets see your dog/dogs

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan925 View Post
    Lol he's cute but he's a menace. He is bulldog through and through
    I've actually been thinking of getting one but my staffie is dog aggressive so it wouldn't be for quite a while. It's either that or another shepherd. After one APBT, then the staffie, I feel the need for a breed I can trust with other dogs.

Here is our Flynn. A very sweet dog. Getting up there in age though at 12 1/2. He is slowing way down. Good old boy... What other dog would let a cat in his crate?
    Flynn and pearl.JPGFlynn.jpg
    Last edited by Jenene; 07-08-2017 at 11:28 AM.
    "You can't trust water: Even a straight stick turns crooked in it." -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Jenene View Post
    Here is our Flynn. A very sweet dog. Getting up there in age though at 12 1/2. He is slowing way down. Good old boy... What other dog would let a cat in his crate?
    Flynn and pearl.JPG
    There ya go Al, best of both worlds!

Quote Originally Posted by Bethzb View Post
    I've actually been thinking of getting one but my staffie is dog aggressive so it wouldn't be for quite a while. It's either that or another shepherd. After one APBT, then the staffie, I feel the need for a breed I can trust with other dogs.
    Actually my pitbull is dog aggressive as well. He actually was stolen from us so the frenchie was his replacement. Then two months later we got him back which was the same week we got the frenchie.

We were pretty worried about how they would do together but they actually do great

Staffy bulls are cool dogs. My dog trainer uses one as his assistant for training.
    68201784936.jpg

Playing tug-a-war
    Last edited by Ryan925; 07-08-2017 at 11:53 AM.
    Im not illiterate...only my phone's auto correct is

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Beth Beardsley

Actually my pitbull is dog aggressive as well. He actually was stolen from us so the frenchie was his replacement. Then two months later we got him back which was the same week we got the frenchie.

We were pretty worried about how they would do together but they actually do great

Staffy bulls are cool dogs. My dog trainer uses one as his assistant for training.
    68201784936.jpg

Playing tug-a-war
    Agreed on staffie's though mine ended up being a couch potato. She and my last pitty both started out as being ok with puppies but as soon as puppy hit about 7 months of age, they had no more tolerance. I've always wondered how much of it was because they're female and have that whole instinctive urge to chase the young ones off once they mature. Either way, enjoy the puppy fun and good luck with them both. Glad you got the original dog back.

Quote Originally Posted by Bethzb View Post
    Agreed on staffie's though mine ended up being a couch potato. She and my last pitty both started out as being ok with puppies but as soon as puppy hit about 7 months of age, they had no more tolerance. I've always wondered how much of it was because they're female and have that whole instinctive urge to chase the young ones off once they mature. Either way, enjoy the puppy fun and good luck with them both. Glad you got the original dog back.
    Thank you.

Ya thus frenchie is fearless they really go at it but the pit is surprisingly very gentle.

Thank you.

Ya thus frenchie is fearless they really go at it but the pit is surprisingly very gentle.
    Love them Ryan. So glad everything worked out. Your son looks so happy with his best friend.
    "You can't trust water: Even a straight stick turns crooked in it." -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Jenene View Post
    Love them Ryan. So glad everything worked out. Your son looks so happy with his best friend.
    Thanks buddy. He definitely is but sonic has a new name and it's Dennis the menace!

Real Name
    Pam

We have 2 West Highland Terriers.

Angus (in the back) is almost 11, and Finley is about a year and a half.

Finley travelled a long way to come to Prince Edward Island, Canada. He is originally from Kentucky. His litter was rescued by the Northern New England Westie Rescue organization and were sent via train to New Hampshire where they were adopted. Luckily we only had to travel to Bangor to pick him up.

16832114_10154882582691438_5399105632311535556_n.jpg

Registered Member

This is Kiki, he is 2-3 years old Husky. He was in the process of being trained as a therapy dog when the person he was being trained for died, we adopted him soon after.

1498132002748.jpg

Real Name
    Matt

This is Bella, pitbull mix. She got her name from my brother who has another dog named "Taco", so you can get the reference. Vet says she may have some border collie in her. Found her in the woods as a puppy, rescued and ended up keeping her. By far the most people friendly dog we've ever had and really carefree with any other type of animal she's met. Actually more afraid of them than they are of her. She started shaking the other day when a little bird got trapped on the screen porch she was on. She absolutely loves anyone that will scratch her and is spoiled rotton, she is a PRO at the sad eyes and face look and guilt tripping you into things. We also have an old black lab, sadly shes on the downhill slope these days. She's almost 16 in human years I believe so quite good for a large breed. She's still got her spirits, appetite, and general health but her hips seem to be degrading which hampers her movement.
    dog4 by Matt, on Flickr
    Bella1 by Matt, on Flickr
    Bella2 by Matt, on Flickr

This is Rusty, my brother's dog but stays at my house when my brother has to go out of town and what not. Beautiful dog, super friendly to those he is comfortable with but extremely skittish. This dog will never trap or corner himself somewhere if someone is around he isn't sure about. He's very smart and one of the most observant and curious dogs I've ever seen. And he's also ADD I'm sure of it. He can't sit still and never stops moving for more than about 3mins. Even at the food bowl, takes a bite shifts his feet, takes a bite shifts his feet. Not sure what type he is, likely a mix of some kind as he was also a rescue. You can see Rusty is wet, because Rusty loves sitting in the rain and just being outside in general while other dogs would rather be right at the base of your feet or inside during a storm. He's a character.
    Rusty1 by Matt, on Flickr
    Rusty3 by Matt, on Flickr
    Rusty by Matt, on Flickr
    -Matt

Real Name
    Eric

I have two very senior girls (both 15) who I have dubbed my "Golden Girls" in recent years. I have been lucky enough to work from home the last 3 years, so I get to spend a lot of time with them in their twilight. Dogs deal with the struggles of aging with such dignity.

Here is my dachshund, I have had her since 5 weeks. Dachshunds tend to be one person dogs, and she is my sidekick. She has shown me it is possible to be incredibly sweet and at the same time incredibly tough.

16386949_10154691653940743_8911386647206756857_n.jpg

This is Lacey, we adopted her from a shelter 10 years ago. She is a great dog and, despite not having an ACL in either knee for 2 years, refuses to give up. On a side note, dont ever do the draconian ACL surgery for dogs. After a few weeks they begin to build a callus in their knee and within a month of each of her ACLs being fully blown, she was back walking around like nothing ever happened, although she increasingly struggles to get up.

14589728_10154333494280743_1436049025749124190_o.jpg

Me hanging with my buddies..

12017709_10153464864350743_4553189844151598614_o.jpg

Real Name
    Eric

Great topic btw, love seeing everyone's dogs! Considering the care we give to our fish, I know all these pooches are getting lots of TLC

Matt, You understand dogs! I never knew!

I had a Pitt mix that could have been Bellas's sister both in appearance and temperament. Her name was Gladys. I didn't think that she had a mean bone in her body until one day when she saved me from a bad man. She didn't have to bite, all she had to do was growl. She was behind me so I couldn't see her eyes, but he could and he made a fast exit. I'll never have another dog as good.

I also have a shy little guy. His name is Bruno. He's very smart and I've never seen a dog run as fast except on a race track
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mama Bear

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12