ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Corydoras species

Registered Member

Default Corydoras species

Hello ,
    I apologize in advanced if this is a reoccurring topic or thread. I was curious what Corydoras or Brochis species are suitable for Discus water and temps? If I remember correctly, most Corydoras prefer cooler temps. My desire really is to have a group of 10-12 Brochis britskii with my discus.
    If there's 100 thread on this particular topic, please show me the way, thanks in advanced !!!!

Real Name
    Kevin

Default Re: Corydoras species

I have 15 sterbai corydora's in my 265 gallon tank and couldn't be happier. They do just fine in my 84 degree water and help eat any food the discus may have missed as it floats down.

Quote Originally Posted by Pipa View Post
    Hello ,
    I apologize in advanced if this is a reoccurring topic or thread. I was curious what Corydoras or Brochis species are suitable for Discus water and temps? If I remember correctly, most Corydoras prefer cooler temps. My desire really is to have a group of 10-12 Brochis britskii with my discus.
    If there's 100 thread on this particular topic, please show me the way, thanks in advanced !!!!
    I know sterbai and emeralds can handle the temps. I'm sure there is more
    Im not illiterate...only my phone's auto correct is

Registered Member

I found Hassar catfish species a the LFS... very peaceful but from rio xingu ... I'm not sure if they can take temps in the 80s F ... anyone have any ideas or experiences with Hassar species ?

I found Hassar catfish species a the LFS... very peaceful but from rio xingu ... I'm not sure if they can take temps in the 80s F ... anyone have any ideas or experiences with Hassar species ?
    If day just Google all the different species. There are plenty of sites that will list all the fish specs including temp range

Check out planet catfish very informitave

Real Name
    Kevin

Hassar's are recommended to be kept at a temp between 72-77 degrees.

Registered Member

Of course we all do the ' google thing ' , and of course according to catfish forums and fish websites, almost all the Corydoras species are not suitable for Discus temps but yet, hobbyist get away with it for years. So really I was just fishing for real experiences over ' internet website information '. Thank you for the response.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan925 View Post
    If day just Google all the different species. There are plenty of sites that will list all the fish specs including temp range

Check out planet catfish very informitave

Of course we all do the ' google thing ' , and of course according to catfish forums and fish websites, almost all the Corydoras species are not suitable for Discus temps but yet, hobbyist get away with it for years. So really I was just fishing for real experiences over ' internet website information '. Thank you for the response.
    Well you can get away with it for years but eventually you lose fish that are not able to tolerate the conditions you have them in