ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Setting up my 125 gallon tank.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Brad Zonka

Default Re: Setting up my 125 gallon tank.

Great looking tank amd Discus! I am wanting to upgrade to a 125 from my 75 and also go with the 12-13 discus currently i have 8 and am iching to get more haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Darb View Post
    Great looking tank amd Discus! I am wanting to upgrade to a 125 from my 75 and also go with the 12-13 discus currently i have 8 and am iching to get more haha.
    That's great! Have you upgraded your tank ? I did the same upgraded from 75 to 125g and I'm sure you will love it

Registered Member

I love the combo BB and corner “islands” to hide heater and filter tubes. Contact adhesive sheet is a great idea! Today I ordered “Magic Cover” contact paper on Amazon. Color is White Granite and it looks kind of like sand. Will try it between my stand and aquarium bottom without using the adhesive.

Real Name
    Heidi

Quote Originally Posted by White Worm View Post
    Very nice. You should have painted the bottom of the tank blue and it would look like an island in the ocean. I'd be a little careful with that sharp driftwood. Too late now, but when it was empty, you would just turn it over, mask it off and paint the outside bottom. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tg4ytT_4hq4. In this video, you can see that I painted the bottom a sand multi-color.
    Neat idea Mike! What paint did you use in the video to make it look like sand?

Quote Originally Posted by sanjay21 View Post
    Attachment 111019Attachment 111020
    Fish are in and all happy
    Beautiful!

Thanks Heidi !

Real Name
    Shari

Hey Sanjay... I’m loving the different ideas. I’m still in planning stages and have a set back in needing to reseal the big tank. I’m going to West Valley City tomorrow to acquire a 65 gallon as a secondary tank it was on KSL Classifieds. Hopefully,it’s not needing a reseal..lol
    Btw....are there any local Discus breeders here in Utah?

Quote Originally Posted by kalawai View Post
    Hey Sanjay... I’m loving the different ideas. I’m still in planning stages and have a set back in needing to reseal the big tank. I’m going to West Valley City tomorrow to acquire a 65 gallon as a secondary tank it was on KSL Classifieds. Hopefully,it’s not needing a reseal..lol
    Btw....are there any local Discus breeders here in Utah?
    Hi Shari, yes I have a friend Mike from Layton. Has good quality Discus and also I started a breeding a few Discus myself (currently don't have anything for sale) but can check with my friend. Any specific strain you are looking for ? 65 gallon should be a good start

Real Name
    Shari

Hi Shari, yes I have a friend Mike from Layton. Has good quality Discus and also I started a breeding a few Discus myself (currently don't have anything for sale) but can check with my friend. Any specific strain you are looking for ? 65 gallon should be a good start
    I’m thinking Red Turqs or something like a Heckel cross.... speaking of Wilds I did see someone offering young wilds on KSL.

Real Name
    Shari

I keep changing my mind on what stain but I do keep going back to solid blue Discus and some sort of spotted or striped stain to compliment the solid blues.

I’m thinking Red Turqs or something like a Heckel cross.... speaking of Wilds I did see someone offering young wilds on KSL.
    Yep, I've seen the post on KSL. They didn't look healthy and bad shaped. I will check with my friend on Red Turqupise and if you are interested getting wild Discus let me know if you want to split shipping costs and we can buy some Wild Heckels from Gabe (Jack Wattley's Discus in Florida).

Real Name
    Shari

Yep, I've seen the post on KSL. They didn't look healthy and bad shaped. I will check with my friend on Red Turqupise and if you are interested getting wild Discus let me know if you want to split shipping costs and we can buy some Wild Heckels from Gabe (Jack Wattley's Discus in Florida).
    Gabe has some fabulous Heckels ..... I’m not really ready yet to take the plunge. I need to set up and fully cycle my tanks. I thought those young fish on KSL looked unhealthy and not shaped very well. If I were to acquire Discus I want adults.

Gabe has some fabulous Heckels ..... I’m not really ready yet to take the plunge. I need to set up and fully cycle my tanks. I thought those young fish on KSL looked unhealthy and not shaped very well. If I were to acquire Discus I want adults.
    Cool! I will let you know if any of my friends are letting go Adult Discus.

It’s almost a year since I set this up here is an update on how it looks now -
    2956DBCB-0086-41EE-9B1B-BA22343D008C.jpg
    EEC1AACC-D26D-409E-81E8-A60A835AF1C5.jpg
    6E151022-2A5D-458D-8F3F-6C967276E6BF.jpg

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Sean

Very nice! Fish look great

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

Great thread. Beautiful tank and fish. Did you say where you purchased them from? Nice thick fish...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast