ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rest in Peace Dad.

Default Rest in Peace Dad.

I know I havent been active on the forum as much the last few years as I usually am. I've mentioned in the past that I am the primary caregiver for my Dad and Mom.My Dad had a host of medical problems and dementia and my Mom is fighting a hard fight against stage 4 cancer. I took over their responsibilities, drs visits, and care 3 years ago. They became my second household.They took care of me growing up.. I take care of them now.

My Dad's dementia was getting worse and one of the complications was balance.Falls became frequent. Two weeks ago he had a very bad one, hitting his head. The hospital tried to save him but could not. We got to say goodbyes in the hospital before he passed.. you might think its easier that way, I might have,it wasn't. Just like that I lost my Dad to an accident. Yesterday we lay him to rest. He was 78 years old.

My dad was a lone child raised by an Italian immigrant single mother...My mom is an Italian Immigrant as well.They had little and worked hard to raise a family of 11 kids of which I am oldest, they also shared their home with over 70 foster children over the years and adopted 7. They say you measure a persons life by what they do with it.. My Dad was a truly great man then.I will miss him.

REST IN PEACE DAD. and THANK YOU.
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Real Name
    Willie

Default Re: Rest in Peace Dad.

So sorry to hear of your loss, Al. Our thoughts are with you during this difficult time.

Willie
    At my age, everything is irritating.

Real Name
    Roland E. Wilson

Sorry for lost my friend, God bless your parents. You have my deepest condolences. Love and peace out, Roland....

Real Name
    Frank

Al, you are honoring your parents well.
    May the God of all comfort, comfort your heart in this time.

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    I know I havent been active on the forum as much the last few years as I usually am. I've mentioned in the past that I am the primary caregiver for my Dad and Mom.My Dad had a host of medical problems and dementia and my Mom is fighting a hard fight against stage 4 cancer. I took over their responsibilities, drs visits, and care 3 years ago. They became my second household.They took care of me growing up.. I take care of them now.

My Dad's dementia was getting worse and one of the complications was balance.Falls became frequent. Two weeks ago he had a very bad one, hitting his head. The hospital tried to save him but could not. We got to say goodbyes in the hospital before he passed.. you might think its easier that way, I might have,it wasn't. Just like that I lost my Dad to an accident. Yesterday we lay him to rest. He was 78 years old.

My dad was a lone child raised by an Italian immigrant single mother...My mom is an Italian Immigrant as well.They had little and worked hard to raise a family of 11 kids of which I am oldest, they also shared their home with over 70 foster children over the years and adopted 7. They say you measure a persons life by what they do with it.. My Dad was a truly great man then.I will miss him.

Real Name
    Brian

My condolences to you and your family! I've been there and I know it's not easy and everyone has to deal with these situations in their own way.

Real Name
    Francis

I would like to offer you and your family my deepest and most sincere condolences and may the soul of your father rest in peace.
    Grasshopper
    Francis

Registered Member

So sorry Al ED TAMASHUNAS

So very sorry for your loss. All my best to you and your family Al. Thanks for sharing that snippet about your father, truly impressive and an incredible role model! Definitely celebrate his life!

Sincerely,

Herb

Your father sounds like he was a wonderful man. I'm sorry he had to suffer such hard final years. Al, I can see that you are very much like he was in his younger years. I'm so sorry for your loss. You have all my sympathy.
    Mama Bear

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and MVP Nov.2015 Disgirl's Avatar

I send my deep condolences to you and your family Al. What a remarkable life your father had and how wonderful of you to take such good care of your parents. You are an amazing son.
    Barb

Delightful Designs Discus Cones by Barb -- Check out my Sponsor section --HERE--!

Real Name
    Fritz

As a son and father thank you for honoring your parents. You are an inspiration and I pray for Gods love and comfort in this difficult time.

Fritz
    The secret to learning how to fly is this, you must throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Registered Member

May you rest in peace, Mr. Sabetta.

My condolences, Al. You both were very fortunate to have each other.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    harry g

Sorry for your loss Al. God Bless.

Gold Member FischAutoTechGarten's Avatar
    Real Name
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post

Al,

I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your father. I know that you've given much of your self, time, energy, resources to make life comfortable for both of your parents. You are a fine example of geniune compassion, concern and self-sacrifice. I hope that you and your family will draw strength and encouragement from one another.

My goodness your father was a great man! Worthy of imitation! What a legacy he leaves behind. Thank you for sharing a little bit about him with us. Your dedication to your own family and love of all living things, no doubt was the result of the example he set.

I lost my own father, barely 69, this Tuesday afternoon. I've made several trips to NC to check on him since Jan and I we were bringing him to Arizona on Nov 2nd as we thought he was now healthy enough to fly. Although ill, his passing was sudden and unexpected. We thought we had more time together.

We are assisting my mom who has demential and dislusional disorder. She does not like Arizona (we've tried that), preferring to live in Virginia near my sisters and her many grandchildren. We are flying there to setup her new apartment Oct 26th - Nov 2nd. She too is young, at just 67. While back east, we'll do a small service for my dad, with my step sibblings (my parents have been divorced for almost 40 years).

It will be difficult for your mother, but I sense that you are quite good at extending compassion, patience and love. Rally around her! Look forward to the time when you all will be re-united with your papa again. May the god who gives comfort, comfort you all.

Peter
    Peter
    Cuerpo en Green Valley, Arizona, USA y Corazón en Alamos, Sonora, Mexico

learning never stops

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast