AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Speaking of Streaming Movies....

Real Name
    Eric

Default Re: Speaking of Streaming Movies....

Well, I have one question, will I be able to watch the new season of Game of Thrones?!?! (Starting this weekend people!)

Thanks for all the info Ryan, I definitely learned something and now have some reading to do. My Samsung TV model is UN65MU8000FXZA and I love it.

I wonder if there are any youtube videos that can explain how to professionally calibrate a tv?

Quote Originally Posted by Clawhammer View Post
    Well, I have one question, will I be able to watch the new season of Game of Thrones?!?! (Starting this weekend people!)

Thanks for all the info Ryan, I definitely learned something and now have some reading to do. My Samsung TV model is UN65MU8000FXZA and I love it.

I wonder if there are any youtube videos that can explain how to professionally calibrate a tv?
    The guy had special equipment. He hung like a little camera looking thing on the screen and had a laptop connected.
    Im not illiterate...only my phone's auto correct is

Real Name
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    Mike,
    I have tried Kodi and it was a bit difficult to navigate... from withing Kodi, where do you get the movies?

al
    I just googled how to load KODI and then researched how to load the channel addons. Once you get it loaded, its not hard to use. Exodus seems to be pretty good. https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-ins...odus-for-kodi/

Quote Originally Posted by White Worm View Post
    I just googled how to load KODI and then researched how to load the channel addons. Once you get it loaded, its not hard to use. Exodus seems to be pretty good. https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-ins...odus-for-kodi/
    Exodus is really good. With my last update there is a new one called Elysium that has been great. Great selection of really new movies and lots of 1080. Also there is a rebooted version of genesis as well

Real Name
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan925 View Post
    Exodus is really good. With my last update there is a new one called Elysium that has been great. Great selection of really new movies and lots of 1080. Also there is a rebooted version of genesis as well
    I haven't watched any movies in the last few weeks but I will have to load those 2 and give them a try. The only delay sometimes is waiting for the 1080p versions to come out. We had a bunch of REDBOX credits to use up first.

Quote Originally Posted by White Worm View Post
    I haven't watched any movies in the last few weeks but I will have to load those 2 and give them a try. The only delay sometimes is waiting for the 1080p versions to come out. We had a bunch of REDBOX credits to use up first.
    As long as it's hd for me I'm good doesn't have to be 1080. 720 works well enough but refuse to watch anything in sd is rather just wait lol

Registered Member

Just for people's information, The current laws in the US do not make streaming illegal, only sharing materials to people who do not have a license to own, this could be a receipt of purchase for the DVD. Over the last few years Laws making Streaming illegal have been introduced but have been found to be unconstitutional because of riders that representatives and senators have tried to add on. KEEP AN EYE ON THESE LAWS, when someone finally writes a law that does not have so many riders it will be passed and streaming will be illegal, there are other ways around this, however, i will not discuss them on an open forum =). if you are interested please PM me and i will supply an email or my cell number for texting. My degree is in Information Security so i do know a few things about this sort of thing haha =)

Real Name
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan925 View Post
    As long as it's hd for me I'm good doesn't have to be 1080. 720 works well enough but refuse to watch anything in sd is rather just wait lol
    Completely agree.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Kesley

I have this nice little scam where I use a Slingbox to stream my parents' cable. They pay a small mortgage to Verizon every month to feed their premium channel addiction. I just kick in $12 for them to keep an extra cable box that sits in a corner plugged into my Slingbox. Now I can watch their crazy expensive cable anywhere with an internet connection. I realize this is probably somewhat illegal, but I'm happy to take my chances. In order to get a cable package that has both Comedy Central and the BBC, I'd have to pay something like $120 per month. Screw that.

Just a cautionary note all, If you are doing something and its illegal, best to keep it to yourself. The forum rules don't allow posting it .

Al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Kesley

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    Just a cautionary note all, If you are doing something and its illegal, best to keep it to yourself. The forum rules don't allow posting it .

Al
    Duly noted I was just being facetious. I don't think what I'm doing is any more illegal than say, sharing your Netflix password. I however would not be surprised if it were a violation of the user agreement, since I'm not technically listed on the contract as a paid subscriber.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12