ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Update on my Discus tank in Hawaii

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Carole

Default Update on my Discus tank in Hawaii

Aloha Everyone, It has been a while since my last post. I am glad to say I have not lost, or have had any big issues with my group of Discus 😎
    Sadly, my 100 gal is not set up yet, i have been doing research on what I want in the tank, and what filtration system to use. I have decided to use Leng Sy's 3616 refugium system on the new tank. Was not able to find one here in Hawaii, so I am dealing with Mr. Sy directly at ecosystems to get this unit here. My tank is really bare! And I will keep my 100 gal that way for quite a while, till my sweetie's get use to the new tank 😊 I need some help identifying each discus, and write it down, because I do not know what species, or group they are! I need the groups expert advise on this (help....) as a matter of fact I don't know who is female and who is male! But I do know that it is not easy, if next to impossible to tell by just looking at them😩 So here is an updated pic of my tank...please feel free to comment on what they are! Sorry it's a sunny day ! I only have videos I took a few nights ago, so I wanted to send pics from todayIMG_0264.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Real Name
    Phil

Default Re: Update on my Discus tank in Hawaii

Good morning and welcome back! Nice looking group you have there! I can't wait to see the finished product!

What size tank are they in now, what is your routine? Where did you get them?

I suck w the fancy strain names but I can tell you they are albino! Lol... You def have some snow leopards in there, the ones w red. The others are some form of snow white variety, insert fancy breeder name here, the fancier the name the more the $