AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Dire need of answers....

Registered Member

Default Dire need of answers....

First I was having issues uploading images so I posted a link of the fish.
    https://imgur.com/gallery/da42f
    So the 2nd photo is from Friday. The first was taken about 5 mins ago today (8:45pm est)
    It is a 90 gallon planted aquarium...with fluval 2.0 led plant lights, fluval fx4, heaters.
    The temp stays around 85.5. I currently have it to 86
    I dose flourish that is it. The substrate is floruite.
    Water quality: ammonia-0,nitrite-0, nitrates around 10ish.
    The fish are as followed, a school of 12 neon tetras, 10 black neons, 6 Colombian tetra, and 4 discuS.
    The discus pictured is the only sick one, yet he still has a voracious appetite. I have been use nox ich because I suspected the white dots is ich. Am I wrong? What else can I do to help him? Been using it since Friday.

Default Re: Dire need of answers....

Those dots look like pimples which are related to water quality. I would be much more concerned about the overall appearance of that fish. That fish looks to be in very bad shape. You say it eats voraciously yet it looks extremely skinny.

How much and how often are you changing water? Do you have pics of your other fish?
    Im not illiterate...only my phone's auto correct is

Registered Member

So do you not think it's ich? I can take them tomorrow, and they are all healthy. They were slimmer at the local fish store, only have had them for about a week.yes I agree this fish is in piss poor shape at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay02483 View Post
    So do you not think it's ich? I can take them tomorrow, and they are all healthy. They were slimmer at the local fish store, only have had them for about a week.yes I agree this fish is in piss poor shape at best.
    You purchased them this skinny? Have you seen white feces? Im not an expert at fish diseases so hopefully someone else will chime in
    Im not illiterate...only my phone's auto correct is

Registered Member

Here my phone did well enough wifh flash on
    https://imgur.com/a/tk8Ay

Registered Member

Their feces is normal coloring, yes they were eating fine enough, they weren't skin and bones but they were obese either. How do you think the other two look?

Hi, definitely not ick. The sick fish is most likely beyound help.Im sorry. I think you are dealing with a bacterial infection or velvet. The pigeon you posted looks like it has milky fins? Pigeons dont always show external slime symptoms as well as non pigeons. Can post more pics of all discus there?Also whens the last time you added fish?
    thanks
    al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Registered Member

They aren't really milky in person, they were all added about a week ago together. Prior to that it was just the tetra

Registered Member

I have an empty 65 gallon aquarium with a Aqueon 70. Should I start filling it and emergency qt the discus?